lenses and kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

alantan84

Nov 4, 2007
Hi..

I'm considering to go from compact cams to SLR cam. I wanted to take better photos than those compact camera during holidays or weekend outings.

I'm thinking of getting an olympus 560uz, afterall, its a SLR-like cam, cheaper and i believe for a newbie, is a entrant level to just let me learn and explore.

my qns is, beside the original camera kit itself, it is really a must to purchase additional lense, flash if my use is really not that pro? just to get better pics than normal compact can offer? is the orginal camera(not referring to 560uz but all SLRs) itself sufficient for just my intended normal usage?

pls advice me. many thx.

kit lens from most brand offer a "good enough" walkabout range, only problem is most peopel find them not great enough interms of either the quality/focal length/speed... etc.

and yes, a compact cannot replace a d/SLR, and vice versa. having said that, using a dSLR might not offer better image quality as well if the person do not utilise it.

A DSLR gives u better performance (focussing speed, good ISO performance, higher burst rate, etc) and flexibility (ability to use different lenses, flash, etc) to take pics and could help u get pics which might not be possible with a consumer digicam. A kit lens could serve u well enough if it fits ur shooting style. The flexibility of a DSLR is mainly in the usage of different and high quality lenses to shoot different shooting needs. That said, having the eye for the photo is still the most important in getting better pics.

ic. i think i get we u guys mean. i may not need to buy additional lenses if the kit one is enough for me. maybe i'll try with 560uz. from there then slowly check if im suitable for slr or should stick to idiot proof compact cams. thanks!

The Olympus SP-560UZ is not a DSLR but just a prosumer camera (i.e. a compact Point and Shoot camera with a longer lens which doesn't make it compact anymore, and has maual control).

In fact, the Olympus SP-560UZ uses a small 1/2.3" image sensor which is about the same 1/2.5" size sensor found on many compact Point and shoot cameras. Some compact cameras have a bigger 1/1.7" sensor which gives better image quality within the focal length available on the compact camera and also better noise performance at higher ISO.

So in terms of image quality, it may not be better for a prosumer camera.

However what you go get for sure in prosumer cameras vs compact is the longer focal length and full manual controls and sometimes faster continuous frame per second shooting mode.

The Olympus SP-560UZ is not a DSLR but just a prosumer camera (i.e. a compact Point and Shoot camera with a longer lens which doesn't make it compact anymore, and has maual control).

In fact, the Olympus SP-560UZ uses a small 1/2.3" image sensor which is about the same 1/2.5" size sensor found on many compact Point and shoot cameras. Some compact cameras have a bigger 1/1.7" sensor which gives better image quality within the focal length available on the compact camera and also better noise performance at higher ISO.

So in terms of image quality, it may not be better for a prosumer camera.

However what you go get for sure in prosumer cameras vs compact is the longer focal length and full manual controls and sometimes faster continuous frame per second shooting mode.

concur with this explanation, not sure about the image sensor size but what he says is true, it will not be a dslr sensor, so for the technical aspect you would not necessarily get better image quality in prosumers in terms of noise, details etc

Dslr focus and zoomin is faster than compact ones imho.last time own c750 wait for it to focus the fish already swim home leow.:bsmilie: and zoomin reaction v slow.wat to do?antique leow:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.