lense rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenele

Apr 13, 2005
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
Taught of expanding my camera rental service to lense rental, any idea what would be a good lense to lease out? Anyone keen in selling so that I rent it out to cser whom may require it

How about:
Nikon 10.5
Nikon 12-24DX
Nikon 70-200VR,
Nikon 80-400VR
Sigma 50-500 HSM

i think....

Sigma 10-20mm
Nikon 10.5mm FE
Nikon 200mm macro
Nikon 70-200 VR
Nikon 300mm /2.8

WHY ???
The above mentioned lenses are not SO common,
how many of us owned a FE?
not everybody can afford a 70-200 VR,
Not everyone willing to pay 10K for a 300 f2.8, but they might need it sometime.

just m worthless 0.002 cts.

for me
would be canon 300mm f4 IS , canon 70-300 DO IS

Wow!!!! so many ah! will try to get some here, but not the rare high end range ones, who would want to rent a lense at a $500 a day for a lense which cost $10k, rare but not many.

Wow!!!! so many ah! will try to get some here, but not the rare high end range ones, who would want to rent a lense at a $500 a day for a lense which cost $10k, rare but not many.

then you cannot lease it with 500 a day, if 500 a day, by rented it for 20 days, u can get a new lense, maybe 80-100 a day is more reasonable. if u r going for long running business, 125 time.....
sorry just my 0.002 cts again :)

i just view the topic from the point of view of a consumer :)

Just wondering, what's the typical no. of times a rental object has to be rented before the new purchase price is reached?

besh said:
then you cannot lease it with 500 a day, if 500 a day, by rented it for 20 days, u can get a new lense, maybe 80-100 a day is more reasonable. if u r going for long running business, 125 time.....
sorry just my 0.002 cts again :)

i just view the topic from the point of view of a consumer :)

Well said but often one does not see the cost of depreciation and other overhead costs. Its not lucrative but also largely on what buz your in eg. with capital outlay of $10 K you can theoritically rent out 100 bikes (assuming each cost $100) thus each bike is capable of actualizing profit of $50 per day assuming $5 per hour will give you a 50% return of investment in one day. Actually rental profit will very much depends on demands and is often subjectives, thats why I'm unable to answer you 'Vince'.

you may want to consider tagging rental at 3% to 5% of retail price
that is standard in the US where many professionals rent equipment.but you have to consider that most of the people who will rent in singapore are probably enthusiasts

so its 3-5% of the new retail price? Would this apply also if the equipment was bought used (ie not new price) for the purposes of rental?

mattlock said:
you may want to consider tagging rental at 3% to 5% of retail price
that is standard in the US where many professionals rent equipment.but you have to consider that most of the people who will rent in singapore are probably enthusiasts

kenele said:
I know quite a few ppl (myself included) who would not mind renting out such lenses. (i.e. the high end range telephoto lens). To many of us hobbyists and enthusiasts, the cost of owning such a lens is often beyond our reach. (they cost at least $8k and above). Of course its a rather niche crowd here...mainly it would be the wildlife and sports photographers who would be keen to rent such gear. I feel that $500 a day is a bit excorbitant. Maybe $50-$100 a day is more reasonable.

Just wish that there were such things as rental of long lenses in S'pore, like what they do in the States.

Just my 2 cts.

Actually taught of buying this for a start anyone interested in Sigma 10-20mm and Tamron 200-400mm. Can rent you for around $30 a day. Will aquire a few more lenses along the way.

Offering my 2 cents... maybe several CSer's can pool together and have a listing what is available for rental, doesn't have to come from a single person as long as those who wishes to rent a particular lens and if the price is made known on the listing, there could be mutually benefiting to all parties.

For the lens owner, your lenses are well utilised and generating you income thus investing in high end lens not that bad after all if the demand for renting is good.

For those who want to rent, it gives you a feel of how the lens performed before buying it in the new market or second-hand market or even just keep renting.

If only there could be some agreement to say how much to rent out, maybe a formula can be agreed, with the stated examples above?

Nevertheless, could present a good opportunity to many to shoot with good glasses without having to fork out heavy investments and if the glass really pleases you, then you know how it preforms and can go get one for keeps. So less buying wrong glass and selling it later.

What say you guys???

../azul123

bravo bravo... I am looking forward to this rental listing... :p

azul123 said:
Offering my 2 cents... maybe several CSer's can pool together and have a listing what is available for rental, doesn't have to come from a single person as long as those who wishes to rent a particular lens and if the price is made known on the listing, there could be mutually benefiting to all parties.

For the lens owner, your lenses are well utilised and generating you income thus investing in high end lens not that bad after all if the demand for renting is good.

For those who want to rent, it gives you a feel of how the lens performed before buying it in the new market or second-hand market or even just keep renting.

If only there could be some agreement to say how much to rent out, maybe a formula can be agreed, with the stated examples above?

Nevertheless, could present a good opportunity to many to shoot with good glasses without having to fork out heavy investments and if the glass really pleases you, then you know how it preforms and can go get one for keeps. So less buying wrong glass and selling it later.

What say you guys???

../azul123

Thank you for your valuable and practical suggestion. Its impossible to buy cater to every needs. That day someone ask for Nikon cam and today someone wants a Canon cam. I only got Fuji, think I going bankcrupt..

Hehehehy.....unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of Canon and Nikon Users too ;)

kenele said:
Thank you for your valuable and practical suggestion. Its impossible to buy cater to every needs. That day someone ask for Nikon cam and today someone wants a Canon cam. I only got Fuji, think I going bankcrupt..

azul123 said:

What say you guys???

../azul123

I WILL SECOND YOU!!

Brilliant Idea:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

azul123 said:

What say you guys???

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.