Lense for Bali Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

rEv09

Feb 4, 2006
i'll be going for a short trip to bali end of this month and am considering whether to rent an extra body to avoid having to change lense out in the dusty areas.

my equipment list:
D80
Sigma 18-125
Nikon AFD 50mm f1.8

Or do i not need the extra body at all?

I'm planning to shoot the sunset, portraits and food. For portraits and food, 50mm would be good but i think walk around would do better with the sigma one right?

i dun think u need a second body la. It will add on to the weight. Worse come worse come back singapore to clean sensor at nsc onli wad. Will still be cheaper. i travelled with a 18-70(and some other lens i mostly did not use) to bali, and it was enough although u may want a 70-300 to shoot the surfers.

TS.... depends very much on what you like to shoot.... I'm using Canon

Canon EF 75-300mm
IMG_3691.jpg

Sigma 18-125mm
1391220917_e0613883f5_o.jpg

Sigma 10-20mm
1391220929_e11316853b_o.jpg

1391220923_33bd04aa5d_o.jpg

All those are shot in Bali last year during a Scuba Diving trip...... I prefer very much to use my Sigma 10-20mm due to the wide open landscape around the centre of Bali..... mountains & rice fields. Use the Sigma more than the Tele-Zoom lens. Sadly I haven't brought my EF 50mm f1.4 yet during this trip...... it would be wonderful for taking photos of those friendly people at the Island.

Best Wishes for your up-coming trip.

Your current setup will do well no worries. :)

Having a second body might be an overkill.
Just take the usual precautions in changing lenses.

Ryan

wah lao eh... just bring both lenses loh. If you have a few lenses with overlapping focal length and to keep weight down you will choose and select a couple to bring along.

But this case, the 50mm is feather weight so just bring both. :bsmilie:

hmmmm... i think i'll just bring both without a extra body. thanks all!!

All those are shot in Bali last year during a Scuba Diving trip...... I prefer very much to use my Sigma 10-20mm due to the wide open landscape around the centre of Bali..... mountains & rice fields. Use the Sigma more than the Tele-Zoom lens. Sadly I haven't brought my EF 50mm f1.4 yet during this trip...... it would be wonderful for taking photos of those friendly people at the Island.

Best Wishes for your up-coming trip.

Agreed. I found an ultra wide very useful in Bali too! Oh and if you do intend to spend quite a bit of time taking pics of the sunsets and sunrises, bring a tripod too....:thumbsup:
2750515156_7b3b22417e.jpg

Last edited:
nice pictures. i'll see what i can get with my gf as my companion. :D

i'll be going for a short trip to bali end of this month and am considering whether to rent an extra body to avoid having to change lense out in the dusty areas.

everyone has their own shooting style, your 18-whatever already covers the 50mm. so i don't really think it's necessary. save the money to go for more trips. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.