Lense Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayster

Feb 25, 2007
Singapore, Punggol
Where can I get original lense cap?? MJ has?? I am looking for a few 49mm..

They are just extremely expensive. Some USD$13 without factoring in shipping fee. I had checked with Emjay a couple of days ago and was quoted $25 for the rear lens cap - mainly due to scale of economy issue. But hor, I had still bitten the bullet and bought them before... Ha.

I typically go for cheap third party ones from my favourite online store for random stuff...
Which reminds me... Think I need to re-stock... And get an external mic for my K-7 on the way....

sound like a good idea to me.. but after looking.. it does not have 49mm cap...

But it does have!
They have the $40 (USD?) silver one for the FA77 Ltd lens... ;p

You guys must be real Pentax fans to want to pay US$13 (before shipping) for what is essentially a piece of cheap plastic. :bigeyes: I would rather get those Made in China generic center pinch lens caps that go for a fraction of the price. Works just as well and cheap enough that I can lose a few of them feeling the pinch... I'm also ok to use caps from other brands... after all who is going to take a second look at a Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited when it has an el-cheapo Vivitar 49mm lens cap on the front... :bsmilie:

I kinda agree w/ Denis on the lens cap thing. Actually I got quite some China made front and rear caps, pretty cheap, about 2sgd each.

What I'm looking for is the lens hood for DA12-24 ...

What I like are the original Pentax velcro lens pouches. These are really good and I have not found anything available from other manufacturers that are as good (sufficient padding, easy to store, easy to maintain nylon). I'd buy one for every lens if not for the fact that they don't come cheap. Lens caps aren't so important if you've got a deep hood, another must have lens accessory.

What I like are the original Pentax velcro lens pouches. These are really good and I have not found anything available from other manufacturers that are as good (sufficient padding, easy to store, easy to maintain nylon). I'd buy one for every lens if not for the fact that they don't come cheap. Lens caps aren't so important if you've got a deep hood, another must have lens accessory.

Pentax velcro lens pouches? What are these? First time I heard of them. But sounds good. I'll like one for my primes!

I'm using some China made lens cases too, about 10 to 20SGD each depends on size. I even got one which I can put a K20D+F*300/4.5 in :cool: The padding is better than the Pentax one, and it's much soft w/ synthetic leather, very well made too. Next time I show you one, you'd love it ;) They make different sizes, whatever size you ask for, they can make it for you :)

front cap i usually buy some brandless cap. Its the rear cap that is really difficult to find...

... after all who is going to take a second look at a Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited when it has an el-cheapo Vivitar 49mm lens cap on the front... :bsmilie:

Wow! after spending so much on a FA Limited, I rather mount a Hoya HD or B+W MRC. Have anyone seem a Lambo with steel rims or cheapo tires?:bsmilie:

Wow! after spending so much on a FA Limited, I rather mount a Hoya HD or B+W MRC. Have anyone seem a Lambo with steel rims or cheapo tires?:bsmilie:

vivitar lens cap, not UV filter!

vivitar lens cap, not UV filter!
Oops! Wrong frequency.:embrass:
The lens cap of 77Limited does not fit as well as the 31Limited. So I use a brandless spring clip type cap instead.

The only thing stopping me from making good use of these pouches for my DA* lenses is that they don't have a belt hoop or something similar so that I can put them on my belt or bag. It's a real pity, 'cos otherwise I agree that they're really nice and good. Oh, and I think the lens hoods don't fit inside either.

Status
Not open for further replies.