Lensbaby Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picard

May 27, 2004
Clementi, Singapore
Just chanced upon this device called Lensbaby (or currently released Lensbaby 2) and wondering...

1. What exactly is it? Apparently it works like a shift lens...and if so...
2. ...how effective is it?
3. How does it work i.e. attached to existing lens or just straight on attach to camera body?
4. Where to get one here and...
5. What's the cost?

Comments welcomed.

Thanks

I suggest you do a google seach about lensbaby, all the answers can be found there.

for buying one here, give sgdavid a pm.

Thanks Catchlight but sgdavid's PM is full.

Anyone else out there know about Lensbaby?

Picard said:

Its a creative lens. Gives a different pespective to photography. Get it from Cathay. I think they have offer now. Below $200 for the original and I think $200 plus for the Lensbaby 2

Picard said:

Hi Picard,
My Inbox are cleared....you want to try out Lensbaby? ;)
Its a fun and addictive lens...Beware!! :sweatsm:

p/s: Thanks Catchlights :)

Regards
david :p

You can achieve the same effect with PS using selective radial blur.

budiman said:

It is no just the effects we are trying to achieve...it is the fun of shooting with Lensbaby and seeing the results immediately. Ask Lensbaby owners the fun they have with this Lens
:sweatsm:

budiman said:

choose not to respond till i get hold of my lensbaby. ;p

well, technically speaking, based on this logic, u dun have to own a camera. all u need is to be at the scene with a good computer and a Wacom Graphics Tablet, and u can draw the whole scene into ur PC (technically speaking).... if u have the time and patience, plus loads of skills.

true. we can achieve a lot of fancy stuff on PS, some of which are quite impossible to do it with the camera and all the add-on filters. however, u dun see CP or any of the big time shops stop stocking filters like GND, soft-focus, ND, starburst etc... etc... rite? all these effects can be done in PS, either with the program itself or with 3rd party plugins. so, why are photogs still buying these filters?

simply becos nothing beats getting the effect right in-camera.

think abt it - unpack lensbaby, screw lensbaby on camera, point at subject, adjust shutter speed, and snap. how long does it take? at best, 5-10mins?

now, mount lens, point at subject, adjust shutter speed and aperature, and snap. then spend the next 15-30 mins (which was wat i've been doing) in PS doing radial blur to get roughly the same effect (i freely admit i suck at PS. so, one might do it faster if one is better) ... its a no-brainer which i would rather do.

anyway, thanks to sgdavid, i just got hold of the lensbaby 2.0. just shot my son with it. quite fun to use, tho it takes more practice on my part to get the lovely effects. :lovegrin:

lensbaby on baby -

lensbaby.jpg

radial blur on baby -

radial.jpg

the radial blur is shot with a 50mm, since the lensbaby is roughly the focal length of a 50mm. took this just for comparison's sake. again, i freely admit i suck at PS. so, the radial blur effect which i did might be better done by the pros. then again, my point is dat i rather use the lensbaby than to slave away at my PC, IMO. :p

once again, thanks to sgdavid for the prompt delivery of the lensbaby! nice chap to deal and talk with. those interested in the nikon-mount... sorry. he just told me the new stocks are coming in after CNY. however, he still has stocks for other mounts, like canon.

Wow...looks alot like daddy even though I've never seen the mommy before :sweatsm:
Congratulations nightwolf :bsmilie:

ps: CNY may be a good time to catch up on your sleep :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.