Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic ( Nikon)

oh thanks dreamwalker .... may get it in US then.

I am also looking at this drop in optics for my composer. But the price is really turning me off, maybe need to test it first.

sweet35 is good oni for its 'adjustable' 12 bladed aperture ... else you can consider the double glass optic option.
sweet 35 selling $180usd

Lensbaby LBO35 Sweet 35 Optic with 12-Blade Internal Aperture
http://www.amazon.com/Lensbaby-Sweet-35-Optic-12-Blade/dp/B004O6MW48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309169044&sr=8-1

41hDg7H3B3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hi, would also like to ask and clarify, sweet 35 is also because it is 35mm focal length right? and double glass is 50mm? I assume all others like plastic or single glass are 50mm also.? if yes, thats probably the reason why it is so expensive.

That is a silly price! It would be much cheaper to just buy from Amazon! Thanks for the heads up....
HighTone, yes, it is 35mm and glass. For me, 35mm makes this much more attractive and the ability to change aperture by rotating the ring instead of having to drop in ridiculous discs has finally pushed me to get one. NOT at those prices at Cathay though!

Anyone know where else I might be able to buy a set in Singapore cheaper? THe Malaysian guys already have the composer pro but with the 50mm optic....

I agree... getting amazon maybe a better choice. seems like cathay is the only place ya?

the 50mm i presume u meant the double glass?
still prefer the 35mm for my dx camera..

yes, double glass is 50mm, sweet 35 is 35mm. but from the video and some books I saw, 50mm produce nicer blur. but 35mm of course will be wider and covers better.

Pretty expensive for a "cool" looking product IMHO..

Its pretty steep as a toy lens, but I figure that it is still much cheaper than getting a PC-E lens....

Its pretty steep as a toy lens, but I figure that it is still much cheaper than getting a PC-E lens....

Probably OT, but there are a few tilt only adapters in the market that converts some great old optics to give tilt function. Tilt shift adapters are a little more pricey.