Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marion

Oct 21, 2008
HI
I'm looking at the Nikon D 90 and would like to know what type lens are a must have? I'm new to drsl and have spent hours looking and reading but am confused:confused: about what lens I should get with camera.
Marion

HI
I'm looking at the Nikon D 90 and would like to know what type lens are a must have? I'm new to drsl and have spent hours looking and reading but am confused:confused: about what lens I should get with camera.
Marion

Start with the D90 kit lens. Selection of other lens depends on the intended interest such as portraits or events or macro and others.

hi , there is no lens so call must have lens it u who decide what u like to shoot than decide wat lens u need to get ...

landscape = fisheye / wideangle like 10-20mm or 12-24mm range

street = 17-55mm , 24-70mm some even like to use 70-200mm range

zoo = 70-200mm and above

bird = 400mm and above

macro shoot like flower / insect = range from 60mm macro to 200mm macro

so ask yourself wat u need or u can get 18-200mm for tryout than see which range u use most or u find it more useful to u :)

The must-haves of each photographer depends very much on what they shoot. A landscape photographer would generally have a 10-20mm or 12-24mm in the bag as a must have, while a birding photographer would generally consider his 500mm f/4 a must-have.

hi , there is no lens so call must have lens it u who decide what u like to shoot than decide wat lens u need to get ...

landscape = fisheye / wideangle like 10-20mm or 12-24mm range

street = 17-55mm , 24-70mm some even like to use 70-200mm range

zoo = 70-200mm and above

bird = 400mm and above

macro shoot like flower / insect = range from 60mm macro to 200mm macro

so ask yourself wat u need or u can get 18-200mm for tryout than see which range u use most or u find it more useful to u :)

Hi.. i jus wanna ask if the focal lenght for the macro is it about the same as the normal lens reading like 70mm is further than 55mm?? and if the focal length of 200mm is bigger than 60mm, what is the diff?? what can the different focal length serve??

and if the focal length of 200mm is bigger than 60mm, what is the diff?? what can the different focal length serve??

Errr. Google is your friend. and the Newbies guide to photography. It's a sticky in this forum.

To TS, there is no must have lens for photography unless the current lens you have cant achieve the shots you want in certain situations eg; your already zoom to the max and still cannot get close enough or you cant capture the whole building in front of you but usually these can be rectify by walking closer or farther. Do not buy new lens :nono: till you exhausted the capability of your current lens else if you buy and seldom use it be more like a display item. Just shoot more often and in time to come you will know what lens you need to buy :D

Sorry forgot to add just start with the kit lens first as what squid suggest. The kit lens for D90 is 18-105mm, if you decide to go for other brands try to get a similiar distance range for the lens.

To TS, there is no must have lens for photography unless the current lens you have cant achieve the shots you want in certain situations ....
.... Do not buy new lens :nono:
.... Just shoot more often and in time to come you will know what lens you need to buy :D

agree. i just shared my experience in another thread how i was wandering around several lenses within a same category..and nothing productive actually..
D90 kit lens got quite decent review ratings. not a bad partner to begin with i'd guess:)
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.