Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbok

Nov 6, 2005
Sengkang
88800099_787eb374c2.jpg

Hi, was trying out a shot on this lens which was borrowed from a friend. Not L lens though.
Would like to see your comments on this picture (not comment on lens), thanks.

Edit: Rephrase myself, sorry for any misunderstanding

you want us to critique about this lens or your photo??

vincenthau said:
you want us to critique about this lens or your photo??
Ermm.. What is the section meant for? :dunno: Critics on photos right?
Sorry no offence but I find that question abit silly.

jimbok said:
Ermm.. What is the section meant for? :dunno: Critics on photos right?
Sorry no offence but I find that question abit silly.

You said...

"Hi, was trying out a shot on this lens which was borrowed from a friend. Not L lens though.
Would like to see your comments, thanks."

that way you asked seems like asking about the lens more than asking about the photo.

if you are talking about photo, i think your pic can be better if the background is not so messy. too much of a distraction.

vincenthau said:
You said...

"Hi, was trying out a shot on this lens which was borrowed from a friend. Not L lens though.
Would like to see your comments, thanks."

that way you asked seems like asking about the lens more than asking about the photo.

if you are talking about photo, i think your pic can be better if the background is not so messy. too much of a distraction.

Ok, sorry if I have caused any misunderstanding, have rephrased myself.
Thanks for your comment. :thumbsup:

jimbok said:
Ok, sorry if I have caused any misunderstanding, have rephrased myself.
Thanks for your comment. :thumbsup:

haha no problem :)

I am still learning too ;p

potentially overexposed on the right, way underexposed on the left. background is simply messy even though desk is neat. composition is... um... normally i won't even comment on such shots, honestly, what is there to comment because this looks neither artistic or a product pic, does not convey anything except that yes, its a lens (we can see that). so do have a think about what you're trying to convey before you set up or shoot. ;)

Yup I agree with Trigger Happy on this... this shot looks like one taken for the B&S section... seller just takes a shot to show potential buyers what the lens looks like.

It has no aesthetic or artistic value to speak of. There really isn't anything to comment about. What are you trying to say with this shot? Other than the fact that you have the lens...

Alrite, thanks for your comments. Was just bored at home, so I tried to set up a little lighting and started to shoot the lens, actually there is nothing much to say in this shot. :dunno:
Personally I tried to emphasized on the lens by taking a close up and background blur, making a nice bokeh, outcome was pretty nice to me, the light colors on the lens and the sharpness, thought the colors and contrast was nice too IMO.

Oh well, will try harder to compose my shot before I take it and try to make it more meaningful. Thanks again. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.