lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
using a D50 and with standard 18-55mm lens, i still feel that the lens zooming is not up to what i want, want to buy a zoom lens (either first / third party), but dun dunno what's the specs? can anyone tell me please ? and how about wide angle lens specs?

Thank you

u shd make clear what you are asking about. one moment u talk about tele zoom. then the next u ask about wides.

budget? needs?

use the kit lens for awhile,find out what you need/want.
then ask.anyway,check out the sigma 70-300mm heard its quite a good lens for beginners.

Photography is not all about lens and flashes...haha thats what they all tell me.

well i play with my fren lens, tamron 70 -300mm , damns good , but how much is for sigma 70-300mm third or second party??? i like to shots for both macro and long distances pictures ...

yumyum said:
even third party ? $350 for 70-300mm ?

If you need tele zoom from 70-300mm and have budget constrain, get the original Nikon 70-300mm G lens. Cost around $250, new. For macro, can add extension tube.

Think your friend's Tamron 70-300mm is also not bad, has macro of 1:2 ratio, shou
ld be around $200+, new.

Another very under-rated lens in the 'other kit lens - Nikkor 55-200mm DX'. It's slow (but so are the other similarly-priced 3rd party lens), yes... but sharp. And for the price I got (< S$200 2nd hand), it's cheap. But take note that this is a DX lens.

Of course, if budget is not your constraint, it's a whole different ball game...

yumyum said:
even third party ? $350 for 70-300mm ?
Sigma is considered third party brand, cos it's not Nikon. Brand new 70-300 APO DG Macro is abt $320 at MS Color, abt $270-$290 second hand. There is an older version, 70-300 Super APO Macro II, second hand abt $220-$240.

If u think Tamron 70-300 is damn good, then go for it, IIRC, it is $220 brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.