Lens you used for F1.

LearnFromBasic said:
Hi, I would like to know what is the recommended range for F1?

You will see alot of 70-200s around. It will be more than adequate. :)

One of the basic steps is to learn how to use the search. Also, it is difficult to recommend to you if we do not know where you will be located.

The first F1 question for the season..? :) CS has 3 years of F1 questions in the archive, I think everyone should find the standard answers and pointers by now.

if ur asking......... it just means u dunno the "ranges" u work well enough.

David Kwok said:
Perhaps you would like to recommend Noktor at f/0.95 ? Certainly f/1.0 is not the largest :)

Keiko is not saying it's the largest, just joking about the F1.

To TS, there have been pretty detailed discussions in previous threads, a short search will get you a lot of info.

depends what kind of F1 shots you want to take. in a lot of cases, see your location where. if you search, can even find F1 car pics taken with phones.

just be sure to read their t&c with regards to photography during F1.

Normally the cars go about 1/3 race distance before they need to stop for tyres and fuel, so their range is approximately 100km or thereabouts...

oh you mean focal length.... :confused:

Indeed that's a good suggestion. I would also like add on the requirement is the photographer will need to stand really close like less than 1 meter away from a F1 car which could be sweeping past at the speed of 300km/h. lol.. This will give you the lovely perspective, but take note that it is most likely once in a lifetime shot.
Oh I think a Fish Eye would find a nice perspective of this race... :)

Indeed that's a good suggestion. I would also like add on the requirement is the photographer will need to stand really close like less than 1 meter away from a F1 car which could be sweeping past at the speed of 300km/h. lol.. This will give you the lovely perspective, but take note that it is most likely once in a lifetime shot.

"Corner Goal".... :bsmilie: Do it where the cars cannot but slow down...

I shot 2 years of F1 in SG using a Canon EFS 55-250IS. Very happy with results. But will you be convinced its good enough?

Use a 300mm f/2. Even if you didn't catch anything, you still looks good with the monopod and the large lens mounted on it. It makes you feel that you have participated in F1 races. lolx

This thread is so funny! haha :D

I'm also going for F1. Bringing 70-200mm F2.8. Using my friend's head/shoulder as tripod. :p

Sitting right infront of the Redbull Garage. Hope to see some action!!!!