Lens type help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwidi

Nov 3, 2006
Indonesia
I owned a 400D with kit lens 18-55
Recently just bought prime lens 50mm f1.4
I am wondering regarding some of the shot taken by this guy.
I noticed most of his shot are very sharp and contrast colour. I would like to be able to shot like this if possible.
Could anyone suggest and have any idea what type of lens needed to take this kind of shot.
Help appreciated. I asked him what type of lenses and all i got a reply is wide angle lens.
ci.JPG

Colour and contrast and even sharpness can be handled in PP

Just stop down the lens sufficiently to get decent sharpness in the first place.

looking at the exif, It looks like the photographer used the EFS10-22mm and f9 for the shot

Instead of showing us wat u want to achieve..y not show us wat u've achieved..then from ur pics we can better explain wat went wrong..1 thing for sure is u do have a pretty good setup..

my sample shot, i just didnt get the good and strong vivid colour or contrast from the picture. I hope you all understand what i meant.

Actually, I find that there's nothing wrong with the colours in the picture. It's just that the most of the objects in the picture ARE naturally muted or neutral in colour. Just take a look at the blue skies and the spots of reds in the lower right, they are very saturated already.
(This is assuming you haven't done any saturations to them yet.)

As for contrast-wise, my opinion is that both pictures are about the same. It's more of a subject-matter problem. If there are greater proportion of highlights and shadows in the picture, the apparent contrast will be greater.

Saturation means how intense or pure a colour is.

Consider these two emoticon, ;( and :devil:.
They are both red in colour, but :devil: seems to be more 'red' than ;(. So we call it a more saturated red.

changing saturation must be done in adove photoshop yeah?
thanks for the input!

Wow thats a very innovative way to explain that!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You're the man....:sweatsm: and :lovegrin:
which one more saturated.....

changing saturation must be done in adove photoshop yeah?
thanks for the input!

You can control saturation and contrast to a certain degree under your Picture Styles parameters on the 400D. However, over doing it can lead to unrealistic and gaudy pictures.

Wow thats a very innovative way to explain that!!! You're the man.... and
which one more saturated.....

Technically, :lovegrin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.