Lens to use for gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-user

Mar 11, 2006
TPY
Will be going for a house gathering... have the Nikon 50mm/1.8 and the 18-55mm Kit Lens plus the SB600 flash.... using D50....... so which lens should i be using mostly... :dunno:... it is indoor, evening.... mostly shooting kids.... 18-55 give me the flxibility... but 50mm let me handle low light situation plus better bokeh etc etc.... :dunno:

Will be going for a house gathering... have the Nikon 50mm/1.8 and the 18-55mm Kit Lens plus the SB600 flash.... using D50....... so which lens should i be using mostly... :dunno:... it is indoor, evening.... mostly shooting kids.... 18-55 give me the flxibility... but 50mm let me handle low light situation plus better bokeh etc etc.... :dunno:

I would recommend using the Nikon 50mm/1.8 since you will be confined to indoor's shooting only and with F1.8, your flash will have a better coverage.

Use the 18-55. The wide-angle will help with the group shots. The flash will help with ur exposure.

Kit lens for group shots...

But for portraits, use the 50.... ;)

personally, i find flashes very irritating to the subject.
just use the 18-55 for group pics, etc.
use the 50 1.8 for kids and other stuff.
do as u see fit.
no model answer.

kekekeke... thank for the advise.... I use the 50mm for the kid with flash.... got a hard time going after them..... and for wider shot like group shot, I used the 18-55mm.... anyway still getting use to my cam.... not perfect yet.... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.