Lens to use for Barclays open

What lense will you bring?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren_Hao

Aug 27, 2004
Folks,

What lens will you bring if you are able to get tickets to the Barclays Open Singapore?

The lens is not as important as the camera. You'd better be real quiet.

I am using 30D. I guess it is not the most quiet camera around..................hmmmmm.........

Folks,

What lens will you bring if you are able to get tickets to the Barclays Open Singapore?
depends where you are seated. if not strategically seated, might be looking at a lens something the size of an 88mm mortar for starters..

if you are allowed to get up close and personal, go Prime if you can.

depends where you are seated. if not strategically seated, might be looking at a lens something the size of an 88mm mortar for starters..

if you are allowed to get up close and personal, go Prime if you can.

Have you shot golf before?

You have to be damn quiet, and you usually don't get very near.

Some important points that you have to note: use a long focal length. Chances are, the marshall will not allow you to get close; I do believe you have to stay behind the ropes, even if you are the official photographer. Even if you are allowed beyond the ropes onto the green, you have to stay an arms length away from the ropes.

Do not EVER shoot on the golfers' backswing, or when he is standing over the ball waiting to tee or hit. You will only succeed in startling him/her and making a bad impression for yourself. The only time you should shoot, is after the ball has been hit, on the follow through. Even if you are slightly further away, don't take the risk. You just might piss someone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.