Lens to recommend.

wedoodle

Apr 13, 2011
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi guys

Currently im using 18-55 for my canon 600d. I find that there's a limitation of zoom if i wan to shoot landscape which is far frm where im standing.

Any lens to recommend in this case? Thanks (=

You mean focal length - zoom is something else entirely.

You can invest in a 75-300. Lots of cheap ones out there.

Actually, i spend some time reading some threads here n there. But nt too sure. Pardon me as a beginner.

But how is e 75-300 compared to a 18-200? Which one is more versatile if i decided to bring 1 len out for travel?

get 55-250mm IS since u already have kit lens 18-55mm. very good & cheap lens,$262 from DD Electronics.

Thanks guys. Appreciated. But i gt few more qns to go.

May i know which brand to go for? And w e price of 262, i assume that e lens is w/o IS?

But knowing that i gg to need a tripod to tk a landscape pic, thus i dun need e IS feat. But is it wise to tk a lens w IS if i gg for travelling cos i will gg rounds w/o tripod?

wedoodle said:
Thanks guys. Appreciated. But i gt few more qns to go.

May i know which brand to go for? And w e price of 262, i assume that e lens is w/o IS?

But knowing that i gg to need a tripod to tk a landscape pic, thus i dun need e IS feat. But is it wise to tk a lens w IS if i gg for travelling cos i will gg rounds w/o tripod?

Did you read the post carefully? It says 55-250 IS there

i am vy new in this as well,
if you looking for just a lens for travel around 55-250 IS might have a problem
friend recommend this lens here is becos you have a 18-55 IS len so
you can cover the range of 18-250 here (bt you need to change the lens)

Oops. Sry, guess im too excited when i see e price.

Yup, guess e 55-250 price is too good to miss.

Alternative, im oso looking at Tamron AF18-270mm to cover both lens. Does e lens come w IS?

wedoodle said:
Oops. Sry, guess im too excited when i see e price.

Yup, guess e 55-250 price is too good to miss.

Alternative, im oso looking at Tamron AF18-270mm to cover both lens. Does e lens come w IS?

The 55-250 is a cheaper option, especially when you get a pre-owned set. The 18-270 is a do it all lens that saves you the hassle of changing lenses, however the image quality is a little compromised. Yup the 18-270 comes with VC, which is Tamron's version of IS

75-300 is better.

Well, i think lens are worth investing into. No pt investing into lens that are inferior cos they are here to stay as long as we are still in this hobby.

Jus making sure that my hard-earn $ is well-spent on e correct/worthy stuffs. But definitely 55-200 will be my range.

Thanks alot guys for e recommendation. Hav to do more homework b4 i put my $ on e table. Hahahah.