Lens Test: Minolta 300mm F/4 APO G Highspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Here's a test of the 300mm f/4 APO G I bought some weeks ago from Japan 2nd hand for S$1.2K +/-. Lens is fast and sharp except will exhibit chromatic aberration. What I like most about this lens is the manual focusing distance limiter. With this I can set any distance limit.

More test shots available here.

Lens
Minolta 300mm F/4 APO G Highspeed
Focusing distance of 2.5m ~ Infinity
Aperture value of 4 ~ 32

click for full size

Sample Shot detail
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Aperture Value: F/4
Shutter Speed: 1/500
ISO Value: 200
Order: full image resize, crop 100% top-left, crop 100% top-right, crop 100% center, crop 100% bottom-right, crop 100% bottom-left

Sample Photo
Filesize: 388KB

click for full size

Hi Don,
Congratulations for your new purchase. Indeed, the 300mm F4 is 1 of those great lens manufactured by Minolta. Care to share how did you get it via 2nd hand from Japan? Thanks.

yeocolin said:
Hi Don,
Congratulations for your new purchase. Indeed, the 300mm F4 is 1 of those great lens manufactured by Minolta. Care to share how did you get it via 2nd hand from Japan? Thanks.
you've pm.

sulhan said:
HIee Bro,
Is there anyway you can send me the original file? Just wanna try to do some anti-CA algorithm.

rgds,
sulhan
You've pm.
The new Paintshop Pro X I have has a new function to correct CA, seems quite good. :D

Congratulations. That's a fantastic lens. I have one. When released, it was best of the three (Nikon, Canon, Minolta for 300/4 lens). But, regardless of what reviews say, I love the lens. I also have 2x converter to go with. Wish I had gotten 1.4x instead as I loose AF when I put 2x converter.

TRS said:
Congratulations. That's a fantastic lens. I have one. When released, it was best of the three (Nikon, Canon, Minolta for 300/4 lens). But, regardless of what reviews say, I love the lens. I also have 2x converter to go with. Wish I had gotten 1.4x instead as I loose AF when I put 2x converter.
Thanks! The TC you have is Minolta one? Damn ex! even the 1.4X TC also cost like 400 bucks. :faint:

Yep. 2x TC is Minolta and it did cost me around 400 bucks. I bought it together.

Guru Drudkh. New one ard 2k har? I like the build of this one but hard to save for the 300 SSM leh. Must eat grass since married to camera ;p

:thumbsup:
"Drudkh" youre shots really made me feel good.
I've put in an order on the 300/4 last friday and hope to get it within a week or so.
Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one....hohoho.

BTW.
I'm new in this forum, but it feels like I'm going to spend alot of time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.