Lens storing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangzw

Feb 21, 2009
Hi,

I will to ask how should the lens be stored in the dry cabinet? I know the items are not air tight in the first place but is it better to leave the front/rear caps off?

Hi,

I will to ask how should the lens be stored in the dry cabinet? I know the items are not air tight in the first place but is it better to leave the front/rear caps off?

Leave them on... No issues at all as the lens is not airtight anyway.

You can store them horizontal / vertical / caps on caps off.
As long as they are stably placed.

Ryan

I placed my lenses horizontally on the tray foam with caps on.

Up to you, doesn't really make a difference I think, I leave mine on

is it ok to keep the lens on the body if ur lazy to take them off n store is just like that??
dust oso cnnt get in the body wat....
wat u guys tink??:dunno:

is it ok to keep the lens on the body if ur lazy to take them off n store is just like that??

It's fine.

Sure. Why not?

my main lens is always on the body when i keep it in the dry box but my other lens i just leave it standing upright. Always with caps on though.

n it wont like cause damage or wear out the connection btwn the lens n the body??

how on earth would it do that? no movement, how would you have wear and tear?

hmm..true...so advisable to kip it on??

entirely up to you but i believe most photogs will keep their regularly used lens on the body whether they keep it in the dry cabinet or kit bag.

If you're storing for a few days, I don't think the way you put it will have much effect.

It's best to clean the camera and lens from sweat before storing.
Don't forget to clean the caps if you intend to keep it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.