Lens solution / Lens Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor1

Sep 29, 2003
Singapore
kr.sg
Hi, any recomendation on which lens pen and solution should i get? just looking for the pen and solution only. Thanks.

As currently, there seem to be some smuge on my filter (b+w cir-pol) that couldnt be cleaned using lens tissue, blower.. brush. .:(

Raptor1 said:
As currently, there seem to be some smuge on my filter (b+w cir-pol) that couldnt be cleaned using lens tissue, blower.. brush. .:(

Smudge?? Is it behind the CPL element or on the front? Did u previously clean yr CPL and how have u done it if so?

its on the front. I just used a lens tissue to do that last week. but the smudge wont come off/became bigger, thus i am looking for a solution this week. ;)

edit: oh yah, i did moist the lens paper with tap water =X

Raptor1 said:
its on the front. I just used a lens tissue to do that last week. but the smudge wont come off/became bigger, thus i am looking for a solution this week. ;)

edit: oh yah, i did moist the lens paper with tap water =X

Huh don't use tap water! Use a lens cleaning solution and make sure its a gd quality one.

If u've cleaned it the wrong way, chances are the surface coating will be faded.

if the smudge does not appear on the picture, i would tink dun bother to try getting a surgically clean glass surface :)

Snoweagle said:
Huh don't use tap water! Use a lens cleaning solution and make sure its a gd quality one.

If u've cleaned it the wrong way, chances are the surface coating will be faded.
yupz, any recomendations of a good lens cleaning solution ??

Use pure Ethanol a.k.a. Alcohol (1st choice) or Isopropyl Alcohol a.k.a. IPA (2nd choice)

ipin said:
Use pure Ethanol a.k.a. Alcohol (1st choice) or Isopropyl Alcohol a.k.a. IPA (2nd choice)
Any idea where to get those? and how much?

Raptor1 said:
yupz, any recomendations of a good lens cleaning solution ??

Not so sure about the brand cos i previously used the sony one for my cybershot and a small bottle with 10 lens tissues cost $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.