Lens Skirt

Currently we have order of 4 pieces of XL Lenskirt in the list, so I work out the the cost base on the figures taken from shopping cart

4 pieces of XL Lenskirt is US$216.00 (US$54 each)

the shipping of 4 pieces of XL Lenskirt to (SG method / cost)
Postal International Priority Mail (Limited to no tracking. Delivery times vary by location.) $60.00
FedEx (International Priority) $74.73
FedEx (International Economy) $93.30

so work out each piece is
US$ 69.00 (XL Lenskrit + USPS Priority Mail)
US$ 72.68 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Priority)
US$ 77.33 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Economy)

If total order is 3 pieces.
the cost of products is $177 + US$ 60.00 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Priority); total is US$237.00, each piece cost: US$79.00
the cost of products is $177 + US$ 69.81 (XL Lenskrit + USPS Priority Mail); total is US$246.81, each piece cost US$82.27
the cost of products is $177 + US$ 78.71 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Economy);total is US$255.71, each piece cost US$85.24

If total order is 5 pieces.
the cost of products is $270 + US$ 74.73 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Priority); plus 7% GST, total is US$368.86, each piece cost: US$73.77
the cost of products is $270 + US$ 80.00 (XL Lenskrit + USPS Priority Mail); plus 7% GST, total is US$374.50, each piece cost US$74.90
the cost of products is $270 + US$ 93.30 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Economy); plus 7% GST, total is US$388.73, each piece cost US$77.75

($5 discount for ordering 4 -100 pieces)

Looks like order 4 pieces will enjoy better saving, so can we confirm the order and decide what shipping method to use?
if we have more people interested, maybe we have to split into two separate orders of 4 pieces each.

Won't it be slightly cheaper to order all in one batch so the fixed delivery costs are borne by more folks?
I can confirm my order. No hurry about delivery times so I'll choose the cheapest option... haha... ;)

Won't it be slightly cheaper to order all in one batch so the fixed delivery costs are borne by more folks?
I can confirm my order. No hurry about delivery times so I'll choose the cheapest option... haha... ;)
ordering only 4 pieces, the total cost including shipping is less than S$400, so won't have to pay additional 7% of GST at the custom,
However, ordering 5 pieces together, total cost will excess S$400.00. GST is applicable.

cheapest shipping option of USPS can take up two weeks or more from my experience and research, their tracking is useless once the item out of US.

FedEX is much faster.
http://images.fedex.com/us/international/irc/FedEx_International_Shipping_Reference_Guide.pdf

I have no hurry to get the item, but thinking some of you might want to shoot firework from office or book a hotel.

Reactions: edutilos-
Ah... dang! Forgotten the GST part. 2-4 weeks is fine by me. NDP still not happening yet.

US$ 69.00 (XL Lenskrit + USPS Priority Mail)
US$ 72.68 (XL Lenskrit + FedEx Int'l Priority)

about less than $5 SGD difference between the 2. at least Fedex got tracking and shipping is faster. i'll go for FedEx Int'l Priority

ordering only 4 pieces, the total cost including shipping is less than S$400, so won't have to pay additional 7% of GST at the custom,
However, ordering 5 pieces together, total cost will excess S$400.00. GST is applicable.

cheapest shipping option of USPS can take up two weeks or more from my experience and research, their tracking is useless once the item out of US.

FedEX is much faster.
http://images.fedex.com/us/international/irc/FedEx_International_Shipping_Reference_Guide.pdf

I have no hurry to get the item, but thinking some of you might want to shoot firework from office or book a hotel.

1) richiemccaw1 \
2) Rhino123 \ XL \ 1pc
3) CamInit \ XL \ 1pc
4) Errz \
5) catchlights \ XL \ 1pc
6)

Sorry guys, I'm gonna skip this. I've just gotten an offer from someone in CS yesterday and didn't take note of this update. Really sorry.

Hey guys, sorry for my MIA. Cleared off some subscribed threads as part of regular housekeeping on my app.

Anyone has any idea whether I can use a XL on my Nex 6 set-up? I am still using a 5D and 1D3 so not likely to be using those two cameras for landscapes. Thanks :)

Hey guys, sorry for my MIA. Cleared off some subscribed threads as part of regular housekeeping on my app.

Anyone has any idea whether I can use a XL on my Nex 6 set-up? I am still using a 5D and 1D3 so not likely to be using those two cameras for landscapes. Thanks :)

Should be good since the rear end is using cord ball adjuster to tightened around the lens/hood.
http://www.lenskirt.com/lenskirt-xl/

That's a good demo of what Lenskirt will do for you. :) It basically makes it as if the camera is in an absolutely dark room so you don't have to make it so.

Also works for fish tanks, for the people who happen to have an aquarium they're proud of.

First time knowing such a thing... Bros here any advice on which size to get if I'm using E-M1? :D

Actually depend on your lens size.

More of focal length, you just need to cover the surrounding around the lens front element, if I'm not wrong. Which is why some people have used rubber hoods as alternative.. But of course Lenskirt is a more elegant solution, especially when it comes to UWAs (the rubber hoods will cause vignetting).

The XL is needed when you use wider focal lengths, since the field of view means that you might get the Lenskirt in your picture if it's too small.