Lens Skirt

mardellion

Feb 5, 2014
Singapore
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get it in Singapore? :dunno:

Can get the collapsible rubber hood with large diameter and a combination of step-up rings to be mounted on the lens. That will give you what you need in place of lens skirt

no, only available online, too bad Amazon don't carry it, else might able to take advantage of free international shipping.

if there are enough interested members, can start a members non profit mass order to co-share the shipping cost.

btw, check out the shipping cost from Adorama, for one piece is about US$46.00 to ship to SG,

2 pieces is US$50.50
3 pieces is US$55.60
4 pieces is US$60.10
5 pieces is US$65.20
6 pieces is US$69.70 ** (total order excess S$400, need to add in GST)

Last edited:
Can get the collapsible rubber hood with large diameter and a combination of step-up rings to be mounted on the lens. That will give you what you need in place of lens skirt

That doesn't work well for UWA. I've tried a number and they all give vignetting.

no, only available online, too bad Amazon don't carry it, else might able to take advantage of free international shipping.

if there are enough interested members, can start a members non profit mass order to co-share the shipping cost.

btw, check out the shipping cost from Adorama, for one piece is about US$46.00 to ship to SG,

2 pieces is US$50.50
3 pieces is US$55.60
4 pieces is US$60.10
5 pieces is US$65.20
6 pieces is US$69.70 ** (total order excess S$400, need to add in GST)

You can email the guy direct, I think his shipping fee is lower than Adorama's, and you can try asking for discount. I did a MO a while ago for some of my friends. :) Please don't ask me what everyone paid for that one, I can't remember already..

I'd be keen on getting one if bro mardellion is going to get one too. Can share the shipping costs.

You can email the guy direct, I think his shipping fee is lower than Adorama's, and you can try asking for discount. I did a MO a while ago for some of my friends. :) Please don't ask me what everyone paid for that one, I can't remember already..

Thanks for sharing this info, is a great help indeed. :)

I'd be keen on getting one if bro mardellion is going to get one too. Can share the shipping costs.

Can I tag along too?

I have sent a site mail to LensSkirt to ask for quotation.

If anyone keen to order together, please post here, hope we can start a members non profit mass order for lenskirt to enjoy more discount. :)

Just saw all the replies. Thanks for all suggestions and bro catchlights for emailing lens skirt. MO will be good.

I'm interested in both sizes, lenskirt and lenskirt XL. Strangely XL seems to have disappeared from the website?!
Anyone tried before on aeroplane windows? Does it work?

actually why not DIY?

just get some black cloth/thin black foam from spotlight, attach it to a step up ring and voila! cheap lens skirt. Suction cups can be easily attached too?

I may just well do this for the coming NDP rehearsals for shoothing through glass from my office building.

actually why not DIY?

just get some black cloth/thin black foam from spotlight, attach it to a step up ring and voila! cheap lens skirt. Suction cups can be easily attached too?

I may just well do this for the coming NDP rehearsals for shoothing through glass from my office building.

It's just like how some people will DIY their version of Gary Fong Lightsphere using plastic bowl.. Or go to the workshop and work out a panoramic head..

You can, but it's just not engineered for the job. That said, I admit it's expensive enough to warrant a DIY effort.

The shading is not just around the lens I'm afraid, you would need to shade the whole camera, else you are constrained to just pressing the front flush against the glass. The Lenskirt's attachment point is actually probably around the back of the camera, which it uses a drawstring and cloth to achieve. Before I finally got a Lenskirt I was using black cloth, but it was incredibly flimsy and frustrating. Foam is probably better idea. :)

Would it be easier if we list our name down, doesn't need to go through all the thread to dig out the names,

Feel free to edit the list (if I misunderstand and you do not want, please remove the name).

1) Mardellion
2) richiemccaw1
3) Rhino123
4) CamInit
5) Errz

Would it be easier if we list our name down, doesn't need to go through all the thread to dig out the names,

Feel free to edit the list (if I misunderstand and you do not want, please remove the name).

1) Mardellion
2) richiemccaw1
3) Rhino123
4) CamInit
5) Errz

Thanks for starting the name list, I have not received email reply from them, however, I found some information from their site.

- the standard size is out of stock currently, http://www.lenskirt.com/lenskirt/
- the stock of XL size is available, and is selling at US$59.00, http://www.lenskirt.com/lenskirt-xl/
- bulk order will get US$5.00 discount (4-100 pieces)
Bulk Discounts for LENSKIRT XL, Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount; Buy 4 - 100 and get $5.00 off
- standard international shipping is using USPS Priority Mail at US$20 flat, but this should be quoted base on one or two pieces; http://www.lenskirt.com/pages/FAQ.html

Since size XL is in stock and do not know how soon the standard size when will be in stock. so if there are enough members to order 4 more pieces of XL size will be a go.
I will email them to confirm the shipping cost for USPS Priority Mail and FedEx once we have a update name list.

Please update your order accordingly, do note we only place order for XL size only.
nick \ product size \ qty

1) Mardellion \
2) richiemccaw1 \
3) Rhino123 \
4) CamInit \
5) Errz \
6) catchlights \ XL \ 1pc
7)

1) Mardellion \
2) richiemccaw1 \
3) Rhino123 \
4) CamInit \ XL \ 1pc