Lens Size Convertor Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a step up/step down ring? You should be able to find them at most reputable camera shop.

What is the diameter of your old filter and new lens? If the diameter of your old filter is smaller than your lens, the it is advisable not to use it on your lens as it may cause vignetting.

You mean a step up/step down ring? You should be able to find them at most reputable camera shop.

What is the diameter of your old filter and new lens? If the diameter of your old filter is smaller than your lens, the it is advisable not to use it on your lens as it may cause vignetting.

my new lens is 55mm and my old filters are 52mm.. so i need a step down ring.. check with ms, they say they dont carry.. need to order..

where can i get a instant one?

it is not advisable to use a smaller size filter on a lens have a bigger size filter thread it may cause vignetting.

what are the filters you have in size 52mm?

it is not advisable to use a smaller size filter on a lens have a bigger size filter thread it may cause vignetting.

what are the filters you have in size 52mm?

hi,

i got some polarise lens, nd lens and a tele convertor from my old slr camera.. they are the 52mm type..

i thought i can use them on my new cam which is 55mm one.. if the old filters cant use nvm.. but can i use the tele lens convertor?

btw, what is vignetting?

hi,

i got some polarise lens, nd lens and a tele convertor from my old slr camera.. they are the 52mm type..

i thought i can use them on my new cam which is 55mm one.. if the old filters cant use nvm.. but can i use the tele lens convertor?

btw, what is vignetting?

Vignetting

You still can use a step down ring for your old filters, but be prepared to see dark corners in your photos. As for filters like polariser or ND filters, I would advise that you go for a much larger diameter like 77mm, and use step up ring to fit all your lenses. This way you need not buy similar filter of various sizes.

Vignetting

You still can use a step down ring for your old filters, but be prepared to see dark corners in your photos. As for filters like polariser or ND filters, I would advise that you go for a much larger diameter like 77mm, and use step up ring to fit all your lenses. This way you need not buy similar filter of various sizes.

hi,

dont really get what you mean by getting the 77mm and no need to buy similar filter of various sizes..

can tell me more? sorry for the trouble..

hi,

dont really get what you mean by getting the 77mm and no need to buy similar filter of various sizes..

can tell me more? sorry for the trouble..

That means you buy a 77mm filter. If your lens is 55mm, you need to get an adapter ring to enlarge your len's thread to 77mm and fit the 77mm filter on it.

That means you buy a 77mm filter. If your lens is 55mm, you need to get an adapter ring to enlarge your len's thread to 77mm and fit the 77mm filter on it.

hi,

oh.. so get the biggest size filter then use differ adapter ring to use on differ cameras..

got it..

if you have only one lens and not intend to buy any other lens, than you can forget about buy extra large size filters, do note the large size filters are much expensive than the smaller one, and it is not very convenient to use a large size filters with step up/down ring on the lens, so spend on what you really need.

if for me, I would get rid of all the 52mm filters, sell it away cheap cheap, since it is no use to me at all, and buy the 55mm filters I need.

if you have only one lens and not intend to buy any other lens, than you can forget about buy extra large size filters, do note the large size filters are much expensive than the smaller one, and it is not very convenient to use a large size filters with step up/down ring on the lens, so spend on what you really need.

if for me, I would get rid of all the 52mm filters, sell it away cheap cheap, since it is no use to me at all, and buy the 55mm filters I need.

Agreed. Get the biggest size filter only if you have or intend to get a few lenses of different filter diameter. Then it will be more economical to get 1 large filter to use for all the lenses. Usually this apply to those more expensive filters like circular polariser. If it is just a UV filter to protect the front element, get the exact size filter to fit your lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.