Lens servicing

Cyberian

Mar 22, 2002
Singapore
gallery.clubsnap.com
I have dirt inside my lens, beside sending it to Canon for cleaning, any good recommended workshop to sent to?

Thaks in advance.

If your 'dirt' is actually dust then it's bets to leave it there. Unless it is a big piece near the rear element it will not show up in your pictures anyway.
Alternatively, you may ask bro fatigue here in the forum. He does repair and cleaning works on lenses and cameras.

If your 'dirt' is actually dust then it's bets to leave it there. Unless it is a big piece near the rear element it will not show up in your pictures anyway.
Alternatively, you may ask bro fatigue here in the forum. He does repair and cleaning works on lenses and cameras.

Thanks for the info. Is a dust and it shown up on every frame:( Will get in touch with bro fatigue.

Could it be sensor dust? :think:
Yes, very likely. Let's hope it's only dust and not something worse.
TS: Please search for 'sensor dust' here in the forum and read carefully. If in doubts, do the test shots as described and post them up here for further verification.
Sensor dust cleaning is nothing serious or complicated. Many do it DIY.

Confirm not sensor does. Is inside my lens... Anyway, can't pm bro fatigue his inbox is full. Anyone have he contact no? Can pm me?

Confirm not sensor does. Is inside my lens... Anyway, can't pm bro fatigue his inbox is full. Anyone have he contact no? Can pm me?

Well, I'm not sure if you had done this but you could try to use another lens without much dust and take a picture and see if you still have the same problem. If still have, means it could be sensor dust. Otherwise, nothing to stop you from taking down for servicing be it with fatigue or service centre, but probably good to take your body down just in case it is actually sensor dust.

Well, I'm not sure if you had done this but you could try to use another lens without much dust and take a picture and see if you still have the same problem. If still have, means it could be sensor dust. Otherwise, nothing to stop you from taking down for servicing be it with fatigue or service centre, but probably good to take your body down just in case it is actually sensor dust.

Saw the dust in my lens.

Saw the dust in my lens.

I know you saw dust in your lens, i can read that. What I am saying is, you see dust in your lens, u see the mark on your image, it may not be due to lens, if you want to take the due care to check before you go, then perhaps might worth the effort to also check if it is because of sensor dust. What if you go and clean the lens already, come back still same problem then realise is sensor dust? I would do so to avoid making double trips. Then again, its up to you. I am just making a suggestion, and i also cant see how bad it is and how the dust appear on the image.

I know you saw dust in your lens, i can read that. What I am saying is, you see dust in your lens, u see the mark on your image, it may not be due to lens, if you want to take the due care to check before you go, then perhaps might worth the effort to also check if it is because of sensor dust. What if you go and clean the lens already, come back still same problem then realise is sensor dust? I would do so to avoid making double trips. Then again, its up to you. I am just making a suggestion, and i also cant see how bad it is and how the dust appear on the image.

Tested with others lens no issue. The spot only appear when I use the 24-105.

Thanks for the referral.

And yes, usually it's sensor dust rather than lens dust that affects photos.
When using another lens to test, make sure you test at similar condition (same aperture setting).

Another way to confirm is to test the zoom lens at different focal lengths.
If it's lens dust, the results would be totally different. ( slightly different spot location/ different spot size/
and usually, spots are less obvious at longer focal length)