Lens Restriction for Singapore F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennethw

Sep 30, 2005
What lenses are you bringing to the Singapore F1. There is a lens length restriction of 300mm in the FAQ's at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/faq.php

----- QUOTE -----
17. Is photo taking allowed inside or during the race?

Only photos intended for home use may be shot within the Circuit Park. No images may be made for professional or for personal gain. All telephoto camera lenses must not have a focal length of greater than 300mm. Ordinary Ticket Holders must not bring into or use within the Circuit Park any professional video cameras, handy cams or tripod equipment. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any photographic or video equipment at any time.

----- UNQUOTE -----

But no mention of the Lens length in the Ticket T&C's at http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/term_condition.php

----- QUOTE -----
6.PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES & RECORDING, AND THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION

6.1 Unless authorised by SGPPL in writing, Ticket Holders must not bring into or use within the Circuit Park any photographic or video cameras or equipment that SGPPL, in its absolute discretion, deems unacceptable for the purpose of Clause 6.2 below, which may include (without limitation) camera tripods, monopods or professional photographic or video cameras or equipment.

6.2 Without limiting any action available to SGPPL, it is a condition of sale that all Ticket Holders acknowledge and accept that it is a condition of entry to the Race that:

(a) a person cannot make or reproduce or use any film or other form of moving picture, still pictures, photographs or any sound recording or any of them ("Footage") of the Race or any part of it for profit, gain, public advertisement, display or for any other purpose except for the private enjoyment of the person making the Footage, without the consent of FOM and / or FOA; and
(b) if a person makes or reproduces or uses such Footage of the Race or any part of it with or without the consent of FOA and/or FOM, that person shall on request by FOA and/or FOMassign, in writing, all copyright and all intellectual property in the Footage to either FOM and / or FOA or their assignees.

6.3 Ticket Holders acknowledge that FOA and third parties authorised by FOA may make or record film or other forms of moving pictures, still pictures, sound recording or any of them of the Race (including, without limitation, of Ticket Holders). Unless the Ticket Holder otherwise reaches an agreement with FOA, each Ticket Holder hereby grants the FIA, FOA and/or FOML and third parties authorised by them permission to use photographs, film, tape, or other images or likenesses of the Ticket Holder, or any sound recording, in any media (including publication within and outside Singapore) and for any purpose without identification, compensation or payment of any kind.

6.4 Ticket Holders consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as members of the Race audience, and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording for public transmission.

6.5 SGPPL shall have the right to allow any authorised photographers and/or videographers into the Circuit Park for photography and/or video recordings for future advertising and promotional purposes without prior permission from the Ticket Holder.

6.6 SGPPL collects personal information about Ticket Holders which is necessary for it to operate the Race and to help promote the Race. In particular, SGPPL may collect the name, address and phone number of each Ticket Holder for the purposes of coordinating the seating and/or viewing arrangements at the Race and of conducting research, marketing and promotional activities in relation to the Race and subsequent Races.

Unless Ticket Holders advise otherwise, Ticket Holders consent to receiving future promotional and marketing material from SGPPL, including via electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS etc).

----- UNQUOTE -----

Does it mean that if I take pictures from a surrounding building outside of the even area I can sell them since I would not have a ticket and not bound by the conditions?

hmm... means can bring a 300mm plus 2x teleconverter? :bsmilie:

hmmm... but that means the 300mm f/2.8 because with a 2x Teleconverter that would already be f/5.6 ... Expensive ....

But the organiser still reserved the rights to remove your equipment if they this is professional. The question is "What is professional equipment?"

But the organiser still reserved the rights to remove your equipment if they this is professional. The question is "What is professional equipment?"

ask the professor, he will know. :bsmilie:

for some ppl DSLR automaticaly = ploorfessional.

wah a bit hard to tell whats professional and whats not.

Ask me, I know. I'll be stationed at one of the entrances to confiscate any photography equipment which I deem is of professional grade. Of course, that would be the last time you'd ever see them......

Ask me, I know. I'll be stationed at one of the entrances to confiscate any photography equipment which I deem is of professional grade. Of course, that would be the last time you'd ever see them......

you need assistant? :bsmilie:

huh... pay so much $$$ for the ticket and cannot take good pics? for a person who has $$ to spend on grandstand tickets, surely got $$$ for ploorfessional cameras like D3 :) so, cannot bring?

maybe we should start a flash mob asking everyone to bring PnS and then really "flash mob" (synchronize the flash) at Hamilton... see whether he crash or not... hehehehe

then next year.... no flash... hahaha

huh... pay so much $$$ for the ticket and cannot take good pics? for a person who has $$ to spend on grandstand tickets, surely got $$$ for ploorfessional cameras like D3 :) so, cannot bring?

maybe we should start a flash mob asking everyone to bring PnS and then really "flash mob" (synchronize the flash) at Hamilton... see whether he crash or not... hehehehe

then next year.... no flash... hahaha

PnS flash only? bring sb-800/900 or 580ex with external power pack. or set up studio strobes. :thumbsup: confirm blinded.

quick... check whether flash is allowed? :p

Its consider "Professional" oni if u r shooting and earning/making a profit from the shoot..
A person can be using a PnS and shooting for a sports magazine..and this is call professional..and the equipment he/she uses is consider professional equipment..

many on grandstand tkts did not buy them but offered foc; not necessary rich ladies

Its consider "Professional" oni if u r shooting and earning/making a profit from the shoot..
A person can be using a PnS and shooting for a sports magazine..and this is call professional..and the equipment he/she uses is consider professional equipment..

i'll bet you there'll be some security officials who don't think that way. they see dslr with dua liap lens, "CANNOT! YOU ISH MORE PLOORFESSIONAL THAN LIM BEI, CANNOT!"

zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best :thumbsup: can macro somemore.

many on grandstand tkts did not buy them but offered foc; not necessary rich ladies

they are offered the tickets because they work for big companies or are socialites etc. only a tiny minority of the people who get free tickets for the grandstand area are prize winners. and i see you're doing the gender thing again. :think: :bsmilie:

i'll bet you there'll be some security officials who don't think that way. they see dslr with dua liap lens, "CANNOT! YOU ISH MORE PLOORFESSIONAL THAN LIM BEI, CANNOT!"

zzz i shoot my tv at home. no one to stop me. can set up tripod, drinks, food, best :thumbsup: can macro somemore.

they are offered the tickets because they work for big companies or are socialites etc. only a tiny minority of the people who get free tickets for the grandstand area are prize winners. and i see you're doing the gender thing again. :think: :bsmilie:

ok, them ... not necessary ladies i mean

i am offered tkt too... n am not rich or prize winner n no boss
n i asked too bout the terms n condition (& restriction); all i can reveal (tell u) is that
the T&C does not apply to everyone -- say what u like
there is favorism in this planet

my company president flying in with a free VIP ticket from McLaren..:sweat:

not forgetting... you can walk around in your boxers while doing all that

ok, them ... not necessary ladies i mean

i am offered tkt too... n am not rich or prize winner n no boss
n i asked too bout the terms n condition (& restriction); all i can reveal (tell u) is that
the T&C does not apply to everyone -- say what u like
there is favorism in this planet

I totally agree with u on this, Sista!
Rules are bend when it is not favourable to the one in Power..and rules are oni meant for commoners like us..:thumbsd:

my company president flying in with a free VIP ticket from McLaren..:sweat:

o_O he going to be in the maclaren box? at mariott there. aircon and all :bigeyes:
my colleagues get to attend a lunch with massa and raikonnen. :eek:

not forgetting... you can walk around in your boxers while doing all that

can walk arnd WITHOUT your boxers if you want. :bsmilie: just remember to draw the curtains, sekali someone in the opposite block got telephoto lens and nothing better to do.....

I think you need to subscribe to special Starhub channel to watch at home.

as long as u have sports channel on SH, you should have rite? unless they remove Starsports :)

Status
Not open for further replies.