Lens repair for Tamron 17-50mm (Nikon mount)

soltari

Jun 29, 2011
Hi all, any bros here can recommend me a cheap and decent camera repair shop, other than Camera Hospital, to repair "slow aperture blades"? I bought a 17-50mm Tamron from a fellow clubsnap forummer last week and was careless in checking the aperture lever (it gets stuck at the tele end and is otherwise slow to snap back).

When I brought it down to Camera Hospital to change the loose rubber zoom ring, Steven pointed out there was a problem with the aperture blades and it would cost quite a bit to repair it. (He basically said not to bother since it would cost more than the lens was worth) And now the seller is claiming I spoilt it and refuses to refund me even though I smsed him 3 days after the transaction.

Hopefully can get it serviced for less than $100.

Thanks,
KK

maybe you can try to pm fatique his :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks for the recommendation!

Another shop is the P&G Camera... not sure how much they will charge though, but they give free quotation, can check with them to see how.

check out fatigue, though he doesnt take on all the jobs cause he has many customers hahah

When I brought it down to Camera Hospital to change the loose rubber zoom ring, Steven pointed out there was a problem with the aperture blades and it would cost quite a bit to repair it. (He basically said not to bother since it would cost more than the lens was worth) And now the seller is claiming I spoilt it and refuses to refund me even though I smsed him 3 days after the transaction.

What do you expect here? Check the offer posting and see whether the seller offered any personal warranty. Some people do this to emphasize their sincerity and the good status of the item, offering 7 days personal warranty if there is really any issue. If nothing was offered you have NOTHING against the seller and you should stop any messages asking for refunds. You had a fair chance to check the lens on the spot before purchasing and you accepted the lens after your checks. If you missed a detail you cannot hold the seller responsible.
On the other hand, I doubt that the costs for repair of the aperture blades will really be that expensive. Let fatigue examine the problem.