Lens Rental Question

Sphben

Mar 27, 2011
Hey guys,

It's my first time renting a lens from any store and I was wondering in regards to the Camera Rental Centre, they require first timers to let them scan a copy of a credit card bill for verification. The thing is, my credit card bill has my credit card number and well, you know.:sweat:
I'm just a little paranoid about my credit card information. Better be safe then sorry eh?
Anyone has any experience with them and do they scan the whole bill or just the address portion?
Also, is there anything in particular you guys take note of when renting lenses?:think:

Preparations for RSAF open house are on the way! :D

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It's my first time renting a lens from any store and I was wondering in regards to the Camera Rental Centre, they require first timers to let them scan a copy of a credit card bill for verification. The thing is, my credit card bill has my credit card number and well, you know.:sweat:
I'm just a little paranoid about my credit card information. Better be safe then sorry eh?
Anyone has any experience with them and do they scan the whole bill or just the address portion?
Also, is there anything in particular you guys take note of when renting lenses?:think:

Preparations for RSAF open house are on the way! :D

Thanks everyone!

Err, credit card bill don't have the last 3 ccv digit on your back of card right?
Also, when you "submit" your card to any restaurant, they "might have" already copy down all information?

Enjoy your rental. Not to worry.

Err, credit card bill don't have the last 3 ccv digit on your back of card right?
Also, when you "submit" your card to any restaurant, they "might have" already copy down all information?

Enjoy your rental. Not to worry.

Oh silly me =X
Is there anything I should look out for when collecting the lens?

Oh silly me =X
Is there anything I should look out for when collecting the lens?

Depends on the rental agent / shop / person.
They should have experienced enough. Non of them, if they have advertise here, will try to do anything to take advantage on us. This will spoil their reputation.
I have rented twice with a person. No problem. Just need to double check the condition in front of that person (mutually know the condition). Ask anything in your mind.
Clear any doubts.
Look at the agreement carefully, usually not a very long one. Ask if doubt about the agreement.

they require a credit card bill now?
Last time it was just any bill with your name and mailing address; and i think i used my Starhub mobile bill and IC.
Subsequent rentals will require just your IC.
Camera Rental Centre has a checklist on the counter for you to go through and check lenses. That checklist is quite comprehensive.

Ahh... Thanks guys. I don't have any other bill addressed to me besides the card bill so I don't really have a choice...
Feel a lot more comfortable going out and renting lenses now :)
Seems a lot cheaper to me if you don't use that particular lens very often :D

I use my mobile bill for the address... anyway only for the first time. rented from them many times, they are recommended :)
anyway do check that the items stated on the receipt is the same as what they give you, i ever experience the receipt put hoya filter but on the lens was a vitacon instead.

Wow really have to check carefully! Thank you for the useful tip!