Status
Not open for further replies.

afiend

Jan 17, 2002
www.kennethchoo.com
How about this one? What is he using?

quiz02.jpg

[* Picture taken during aerial display, Asian Aerospace 2002]

Nope... not that big, not that heavy. It's a 300/2.8. Hood's not deep enough to be a 500/4 or 4.5.

Lens aside, I think this is a great shot. The photographer with the big lens standing out from the great unwashed masses.

How did he get up there?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Lens aside, I think this is a great shot. The photographer with the big lens standing out from the great unwashed masses.

How did he get up there?

Just climb up, all the way to the top of the spectator stand, I was there. :) Found out that 200mm isn't long enough to shoot those planes in the air display, can hardly fill the metering circle. 2 rows down is someone using a F100 and 80-400 VR....

Most people there were using compacts (waste time, waste film), and one even had a flash with a Sto-Fen omnibounce on his SLR.... :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

..and one even had a flash with a Sto-Fen omnibounce on his SLR....

CK

Guess he was a pop photog reader?

Originally posted by Ian

Guess he was a pop photog reader?

I don't read pop photog, but they advocate the use of the StoFen? Even outdoors? That flash must have a guide number of way over hundreds of feet to reach the plane.... ;p
Regards
CK

Concurs with Jed,

Tis def a 300/2.8 as it's too small to be any of the longer lenses.

Originally posted by Ian
Concurs with Jed,

Tis def a 300/2.8 as it's too small to be any of the longer lenses.
I doubt it. Looking at the number of black colored strips (and their thickness), I would say its probably a 300 f/4 with a Canon 2x TC. :)

But I could be wrong, since the the barrel seems awfully thick for a f/4.

Sorry Edmund, I know you're a Canon user and all, but there's NO way that's a 300/4 lens. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Jed
Sorry Edmund, I know you're a Canon user and all, but there's NO way that's a 300/4 lens. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Too fat a barrel huh? But the 300 f/2.8 with hood has got THREE black strips!!! .... ah shoot.... it does have 3 black strips... :embrass: ... and the 2 bottom black strips are much too far apart to be the 300 f/4 :embrass:

But i'm pretty sure it has a 2x TC attached to it..

I agree with you about the TC, but the more I look at it, the more certain I am that it is not a 300/4 nor a 400/5.6. Those two lenses are in a completely different size category to the 300/2.8. The hood in this case being the main giveaway, but the telescoping barrel also does (as in, increasing diameter of the lens barrel towards the front).

Status
Not open for further replies.