lens question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunjack

Jul 6, 2002
Zimbabwe
Visit site
I have a lens that has the manual/automatic aperture for my mechanical camera. When I placed it in automatic mode, it does not open to full aperture but instead seems to be stuck in manual mode untill I step down to f5.6 aperture. By then it will be a bit dim to focus. What is the problem? Can the lens be repaired/lubricated? I have another focal length lens that works fine so I don't think its the camera body.

Nopes, it is a manual focus mechanical camera... The automatic/manual part I was talking abt is on the lens itself, coz in automatic, the aperture should open fully while I can focus and step down automatically to the stepped down aperture I chose when I release the shutter. The camera I think is a 1970s camera body and lens... Its the m42 mount type.

Ooops.. I'm ignorant but I didn't really follow what you meant. If your camera is Manual, why would you want to put your lens on auto and then how'd you control the aperture (given that it's supposed to be automatically controlled by an AF function??) Sorry for creating questions for you......

ic... the sticky lens I have is a Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f3.5 so do camera shops like Prime be able to clean and lube that lens? I am considering sending it for servicing but it is just a minor inconvenience right now and I am afraid that after servicing, the lens might become faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.