Lens Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth83

Aug 30, 2007
I brought my D60 with the 18-55mm kit lens out to try to shoot some shots just now. Everything was going fine until I accidentally put to macro mode and tried to take a shot. After that it seems the 18-55mm lens could no longer auto focus and it would make some werid noise instead of the usual focusing noise. But in manual focus it could take pictures.

I went to try on the 55-200mm lens just to check if its the body and everything works fine. Was there some settings that I messed up or is it time for my first trip down to nikon?

Thanks in advance.

*darn just when there is a chance to shoot stuff over the weekend*

hobbes187

Apr 3, 2007
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Did u try to focus on something very near or something of a normal distance? Cos even if u set it to macro mode, the 18-55mm has a minimum focus distance that must be met before the lens will AF. Else it will just keep hunting and make wierd noises.

Kenneth83

Aug 30, 2007
even if i set back to auto mode and try to take normal photos it keeps making the weird noise and would not auto focus. Hope i din like kill the auto focus on the lens...

Kenneth83

Aug 30, 2007
tried different settings and it still refuses to auto focus but keeps on making some squeeking noise and refuses to auto focus. Guess its time to make a trip to the nikon service center. Sigh and its like less than a month old :(

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
tried different settings and it still refuses to auto focus but keeps on making some squeeking noise and refuses to auto focus. Guess its time to make a trip to the nikon service center. Sigh and its like less than a month old :(
Did you try putting it back to Auto, checking that the AF switch on the lens is at M/A, then focusing at a distant object? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom