lens pen

thelight

Jun 8, 2010
anyone tried cleaning the brush of a lens pen?
if so, how is it done?
seem a little oil got into my brush.

I've never cleaned my lens pen too. Not sure how to do it. If it's a cheap one, just replace it? Oil is hard to clean, right?

Never own any lenspen. I used my breath and micro-fiber cloth to clean my filter. Becos i always leave the filter screw on my lens.

I've never cleaned my lens pen too. Not sure how to do it. If it's a cheap one, just replace it? Oil is hard to clean, right?

yeah...i guess.

Never own any lenspen. I used my breath and micro-fiber cloth to clean my filter. Becos i always leave the filter screw on my lens.

you can, but a brush is easier to rid tiny grains of particles that may scratch your filter.

Doubt u wld be able to clean the brush since it has oil on it. Would be better to just change a new one since it isn't too ex to start with

many people still unable to accept lenspen as an effective cleaning tool,
anyway, if it doesn't work, it should be long gone, and you won't able to find it anywhere.

catchlights said:
many people still unable to accept lenspen as an effective cleaning tool,
anyway, if it doesn't work, it should be long gone, and you won't able to find it anywhere.

You're saying that lenspen works right? For me it's fine too becos it's been working for me so far. Cleans easily.

to TS you need to replace it.

Anyways after considerable amount of usage you have to discard it, don't think it can be cleaned. I am a big fan of lens pen.

slightly OT, do you guys use your lens pen to clean filters when they're dirty?

have a few lens pens but haven't tried using them yet.

TIA. :)

Yes why not. but if you have heavy dirt like went to beach, jungle :sweat:, factories. Do use the blower first and use the cloth to remove any large particles first before using the lens pen.

If you go ahead without blower, you may scratch your lens as the dirt may be trapped in the lens pen.

If you go ahead while your lens is heavily covered wth oily particles or dirt you end up using the lens pen once and have to discard it cuz too much dirt for a small lens pen to handle.

My 2 cents;)

Yes, of cos. Fingerprints, hair, particles, dust. Use the lens pen. easy and convenient to bring. Both the brush and duster is good to use.

get one, it's a good investment.
then again, it will not last forever so when it's time to replace it do so.

i dont use one because i use a UV filter on my lenses.

A blower and microfiber clean will do once in a while when there is obvious dust/stains. Dont over clean it like a psycho lol

Yes why not. but if you have heavy dirt like went to beach, jungle :sweat:, factories. Do use the blower first and use the cloth to remove any large particles first before using the lens pen.

If you go ahead without blower, you may scratch your lens as the dirt may be trapped in the lens pen.

If you go ahead while your lens is heavily covered wth oily particles or dirt you end up using the lens pen once and have to discard it cuz too much dirt for a small lens pen to handle.

My 2 cents;)

Yes, of cos. Fingerprints, hair, particles, dust. Use the lens pen. easy and convenient to bring. Both the brush and duster is good to use.

thanks guys! bought 3 pens but always very careful with my lenses so haven't got the chance to try them out yet. :confused:

will use them soon!

thanks again! :)

thanks guys! bought 3 pens but always very careful with my lenses so haven't got the chance to try them out yet. :confused:

will use them soon!

thanks again! :)

no problem, once in awhile sure need to clean your lens =)

just curious, do you guys use lens pen to clean the front lcd and top lcd display panels? :think:

just curious, do you guys use lens pen to clean the front lcd and top lcd display panels? :think:

no la bro,
lens pen strictly for lens.
LCD screen can use any microfibre cloth.