lens pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby

Dec 20, 2006
anyone knows where i can get my camera lens cleaned for free? i'm using a digital camera ...

should i get a lens pen instead? would it be able to clean away any dirt or stains and leave me with a completely clean lens?

Hmm anyone knows how much is a lens pen?

one costs around $14 or $15 i think.

it'll be a more worthy investment in getting a proper cleaning kit that'll cost around $10. can easily get them at any camera shop.

but of course if you need to clean your lens on the go and on the ground, a lenspen is quite good too. got one as a free gift and find it quite convenient. haha. but in the end when i go home i still clean my lenses properly..

regards,
jizeng

oh ic... thanks for the info ... will get 1 soon :)

Just bought a Lenspen ProPak I. for $19(from original price of $68) from CP peninsular today.
the pack includes LensPen, Cell-Klear, DigiKlear, MiniPro II and MicroKlear.

one costs around $14 or $15 i think.

it'll be a more worthy investment in getting a proper cleaning kit that'll cost around $10. can easily get them at any camera shop.

but of course if you need to clean your lens on the go and on the ground, a lenspen is quite good too. got one as a free gift and find it quite convenient. haha. but in the end when i go home i still clean my lenses properly..

regards,
jizeng

On the contrary, a lenspen is a better cleaning kit, much better than those solution-based cleaners.

Lenspen's compound removes oil and smears more efficiently than any solution-based cleaner without the risk of the solution sipping into the sides of the lens elements.

And like you said, lenspen is definitely more convenient that any solution-based cleaners out there currently.

But lenspen has a "limited" use; when you exhausted the compound you get a new lenspen.

For me, I bet on lenspen everytime.

Just bought a Lenspen ProPak I. for $19(from original price of $68) from CP peninsular today.
the pack includes LensPen, Cell-Klear, DigiKlear, MiniPro II and MicroKlear.

Hmm. Did you e-quote the price or was the price given to you as you enter the store? :)

Again, get from cleanroom! Free! :bsmilie:

Hmm. Did you e-quote the price or was the price given to you as you enter the store? :)

Have gotten that price from one of those Lucky Plaza basement camera shops as well, ie. $19 for Lens Pen pro pack I.. Just fyi!

At that time I still thought he carrot chop me. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.