Lens Pen for Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

totoro17

Nov 6, 2006
Hi,

Anyone using this lens pen - http://www.lenspen.com ? How does it works? For example, I currently using some cleaning solution to clean but it still not effective. Do I need to buy replacement refill or I have to throw the whole thing after some time? Thanks.

Regards,

erm... u're not supposed to use alot of solution.. most people even advise against using solutions coz they slowly "eat" at the lens coatings... the microfibre cloth should do fine... if u want to use solution... do it sparingly.. read the instructions coz i believe most manufacturers will tell u to put the solution on the cloth first then clean ur lens..... so u shouldn't be using too much..

as for the lenspen... i have it but i don't use it... got it free from somewhere...

erm... u're not supposed to use alot of solution.. most people even advise against using solutions coz they slowly "eat" at the lens coatings... the microfibre cloth should do fine... if u want to use solution... do it sparingly.. read the instructions coz i believe most manufacturers will tell u to put the solution on the cloth first then clean ur lens..... so u shouldn't be using too much..

i mean not that kind of a lot....but i keep on using the solution to clean it and use the cloth to wipe dry a few times...it will still be back to that kind of "fingerprint" marks.

eh urs sounds more like scratches rather than fingerprints...

i mean not that kind of a lot....but i keep on using the solution to clean it and use the cloth to wipe dry a few times...it will still be back to that kind of "fingerprint" marks.

u mean right after the cleaning and before u even touch the lens surface?
might be the cloth bro.. do u ever wash it?

I have a whole set of lenspen, even the one for cleaning the sensor. Works very well for me.
The lenspen uses some carbon compound, so it's not solution based.
Don't think you can refill it or anything like that, but it's at a very reasonable price for such a useful tool. Go get it and try it for yourself.

eh urs sounds more like scratches rather than fingerprints...

how can it be scratches? coz it can be cleaned off. its definately not scratches...anyway i din wash the cloth as its brand new

Can be wiped off but it comes back? :sweat: spooky..

i give you a scenario...for example, you are outside and your spectacle is dirty, you use you t-shirt to try to clean it...but in the end it causes the spectacle to be blur...

i give you a scenario...for example, you are outside and your spectacle is dirty, you use you t-shirt to try to clean it...but in the end it causes the spectacle to be blur...

Sometimes the more you wipe, the more it comes back...

get a soft tissue gently wipe off the portion in case of grease.. (use a blower blow off all dust first)

then wipe with you cloth and abit of the solution.

Wipe harder at the portions you see the stains intially, then wipe very gently till the solution evaporates fully...

just remember that if you used a lenspen on your lens before, don't use cleaning solution on it. read somewhere that the carbon compound will react with the alcohol.

how can it be scratches? coz it can be cleaned off. its definately not scratches...anyway i din wash the cloth as its brand new
then most probably the solution you used ain't good for cleaning

Some cleaning solutions leave "watermarks" once it dries up.
Maybe that's what you're experiencing.
Well, that's what I get everytime I clean my lenses with my cheapo cleaning kit bought from Carrefour that came with a lens pen/brush , blower, cleaning solution, lens tissue.

I don't use the kit all the time.
Normally all I need to clean my optics is just my breath and some lens tissues.
But if my lenses really do get dirty then I use a blower, and then lightly brush off the dirt still stuck to the glass.
A drop of the cleaning solution on the felt tip of the lens pen and give my lens a light scrubbing.
By the time it dries up I can see lots of "watermarks".
I then blow a few breaths on the glass and wipe it with the lens tissue until the "watermarks" are gone.

Well, it's not the best method but at least it keeps my optics clean.

Some cleaning solutions leave "watermarks" once it dries up.
Maybe that's what you're experiencing.
Well, that's what I get everytime I clean my lenses with my cheapo cleaning kit bought from Carrefour that came with a lens pen/brush , blower, cleaning solution, lens tissue.

I don't use the kit all the time.
Normally all I need to clean my optics is just my breath and some lens tissues.
But if my lenses really do get dirty then I use a blower, and then lightly brush off the dirt still stuck to the glass.
A drop of the cleaning solution on the felt tip of the lens pen and give my lens a light scrubbing.
By the time it dries up I can see lots of "watermarks".
I then blow a few breaths on the glass and wipe it with the lens tissue until the "watermarks" are gone.

Well, it's not the best method but at least it keeps my optics clean.

Perhaps i tried your method...finally someone really fully understand...so scary to hear tt its scratches...haha...luckily its not

sorry OT

where to buy lens pen besides online? and how much for the basic one?

sorry OT

where to buy lens pen besides online? and how much for the basic one?

most camera shops sell. you can get it easily from Cathay, TCW around Peninsula or Excelsior shopping centres.
Cheers!

lenspen is great to lean off water/stains on the lens. but if you watch closely, you will notice the carbon that is left behind on the surface of the lens.

when i do the cleaning at home, i will use the compressed air to blow off the carbon 'dust' after cleaning. it still works better than liquid.

great tool

Status
Not open for further replies.