Lens on Micro Four Thirds camera

Alvinisaac

Mar 12, 2012
Hi I am new to this camera. Can some 1 enlighten me. Can all type of lens is be used for Micro Four Thirds camera? To what I know, for DSLR it can only fix on its own brand camera and lens. Does it implied to Micro Four Thirds camera? And what does those connect does to the camera.

Sorry for these noob qns.

Micro fourthirds has flange distance of 20mm. Any lens with registration >20mm can be mounted on m4/3 body under the following conditions:

1. Need for a adapter
2. Manual focus only
3. An aperture ring on the lens

To add to Shierwin post, some of the Olympus native 4/3 mount DSLR lens can be mounted on Olympus m4/3 camera via an adapter and still retain its autofocus capability.

Hi I am new to this camera. Can some 1 enlighten me. Can all type of lens is be used for Micro Four Thirds camera? To what I know, for DSLR it can only fix on its own brand camera and lens. Does it implied to Micro Four Thirds camera? And what does those connect does to the camera.

Sorry for these noob qns.
Actually, Canon cameras can mount Nikon lenses with an adapter. Also MF only, and need aperture ring to change aperture.

Micro four thirds cameras all have the same mount, so they can use lenses from any brand, as long as they are in m4/3 mount. Same for DSLR cameras actually.

To what I know, for DSLR it can only fix on its own brand camera and lens.

Nonsense. Unless you are referring to the use of an adapter, it just has to have the same mount. That's why you can buy Sigma, Tamron, Tokina lenses even if you have a Canon, Nikon, Sony DSLR.