Lens Hood

afiyy

Jul 19, 2010
Should I get it one ? Is it a must ?
I'm still a newbie .
What are your opinions ?

Lens hood prevents flare which is usually highly recommended...

filter and hood is a must for me, filter to prevent unexpected accident, hood to protect against flare outdoor and somewhat an extra protection to some people, anyway both of them is cheap anyway so no point to skimp on these two things :p

I use it as a protection more than anything else, really helps with those accidental knocks.

What are your opinions ?
In my opinion you should utilize the search function (upper right hand) and read through existing threads. Much faster than waiting for the spoons.

both of them is cheap anyway so no point to skimp on these two things :p

Not sure about that, especially good filters like B+W. If I were to use cheap filters, then I rather have no filter on the lens. But I agree on hoods being cheap if you don't mind 3rd party ones.

I'm still a newbie .
What are your opinions ?

Whether you get one is up to you.

No it is not a must.

I think it is good.
;)

I use it in the afternoon to prevent the glare from the sun.

Hmmm, you can reverse and 'hide' it when you don't need it.

i use it more for the protection against bumps and knocks. Better off with a battered lens hood than a smashed front element.

Just don't get the lens hood which screws onto the filter, I bought that for my Kit lens, and now it's rotting away at home, just got my new lens and the lens hood that comes with it :thumbsup:

i would prefer u get a lens hood over slapping a cheap 10 buck hoya filter over a lens. :)
that's just my take. so yes get a hood if possible

i would prefer u get a lens hood over slapping a cheap 10 buck hoya filter over a lens. :)
that's just my take. so yes get a hood if possible

True but a lens hood won't prevent some itchy hand people or children from poking at your lens, so i use a UV filter as protection as well

I'm still a newbie .
What are your opinions ?

some lenses are more prone to flares,and there are situations that cries for a hood more than others. having said that i have still painfully junked some shots that were marred by careless flares

ryan

Just don't get the lens hood which screws onto the filter, I bought that for my Kit lens, and now it's rotting away at home, just got my new lens and the lens hood that comes with it :thumbsup:

I have quite a number of the screw on lens hood. They all work wonderfully for me ley....

I got metal ones, rubber ones but no plastic ones..

why???? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

never had any problems with screw on hoods for 24-105, 10-22, 17-55 all..

I have quite a number of the screw on lens hood. They all work wonderfully for me ley....

I got metal ones, rubber ones but no plastic ones..

why???? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

never had any problems with screw on hoods for 24-105, 10-22, 17-55 all..

Sorry I guess it was my kit len's problem, haha the lens hood keeps dropping off my filter leh, also caused some vignetting :confused:

er. sorry. can put lens hood at filter 1 ar? I didn't know sia. I thought is all same as the one which came to my kit lens, with the thread after the filter thread. lucky I read this thread.

anyone can advise where I can get a lens hood for Canon 18mm-55mm?