Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlette

Dec 17, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure which type of Lens hood to purchase for my Canon 500D? :think:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure what type of Lens hood should I purchase for my Canon 500D? :think:

You don't buy one for a camera. You buy one for a lens. What lens are you using?

Every lens comes with a dedicated lens hood. It is independent of your camera. But unless u're getting L lens, u'll have to purchase the hood seperately. U may want to get a 3rd party hood instead which is much cheaper.

Cheers! :)

You don't buy one for a camera. You buy one for a lens. What lens are you using?

Ooops...oh yes. I am using the kit lens. EF-S 18-55mm. :sweatsm:

Last edited:
if you're using kit lens, the hood to get is Canon EW-60C

Tot of visiting MS colour. Will get the suggested hood. Thank you. :lovegrin:

Every lens comes with a dedicated lens hood. It is independent of your camera. But unless u're getting L lens, u'll have to purchase the hood seperately. U may want to get a 3rd party hood instead which is much cheaper.

Cheers! :)

Oh thank you. :lovegrin: Heard about the flower type hood, :think: can I use it for my lens?

Oh thank you. :lovegrin: Heard about the flower type hood, :think: can I use it for my lens?

Hi, it's called petal lens hood, there are generic screw-in ones for your kit lens.

Petal hood is not advisable for lenses with a rotating front element

hahaha agreed... it'd be funny to see the lens hood rotating with the focusing ring, if it's those screw-on type .

TS, why do you feel that you need the lens hood?

Ooops...oh yes. I am using the kit lens. EF-S 18-55mm. :sweatsm:

dun waste $$$ to get hood for ur kit lens...

soon u gonna sell them away de..:devil:

hahaha agreed... it'd be funny to see the lens hood rotating with the focusing ring, if it's those screw-on type .

TS, why do you feel that you need the lens hood?

Was told that, lens hood, helps to minimize glare. I am not sure actually. Just wondering. :bigeyes:

Hi, it's called petal lens hood, there are generic screw-in ones for your kit lens.

oh petal hood. Learn a new noun today. :) I dun think I prefer the screw in ones. :nono:

oh petal hood. Learn a new noun today. :) I dun think I prefer the screw in ones. :nono:

IMHO...dun nn to waste $$$ buy hood for ur kit lens...:dunno:

anyway, it's up to u..

I rather spend dat xtra $$$ on other stuff like a CPL filter...etc:devil:

hi guys ... anyone knows where can i get a Lens hood (petal type ) for 500d.... not the original.. canon.

There's the Mass Sales section.

hi guys ... anyone knows where can i get a Lens hood (petal type ) for 500d.... not the original.. canon.
Dude, lens hoods are for lenses not camera and every lens has its own dedicated hood model.

Rashkae said:

blink182rul3z said:

rendition said:
Dude, lens hoods are for lenses not camera and every lens has its own dedicated hood model.

This was already answered in an earlier post WITHIN THE SAME THREAD...
tsk tsk tsk... should read first before asking...

You can get thrid party petal hoods from http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84

For your info, I bought a 3rd party petal lens hood for my kit lens 18-55mm and when focusing at closer object at 18mm, you can see vignetting at the side of the image very clearly. So it is not advisable to get a petal hood unless you just want your camera to look nice :bsmilie: The original hood cost around $30, which is round. You can get 3rd party hoods between $10 - $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.