Lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin-

Jul 28, 2006
Hi,
I'm intending to get a lens hood for my nikkon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, may i know where i can get it? It would be a 52mm hood right?

Thanks for the replies!

sorry to ask, whats the main objective/purpose of using a bayonet hood?

sorry to ask, whats the main objective/purpose of using a bayonet hood?
As its hood's shape is optimized to the Field of View of the camera sensor, bayonet hood is stay in its place when put properly on the lens.

Regards,
Arto.

As its hood's shape is optimized to the Field of View of the camera sensor, bayonet hood is stay in its place when put properly on the lens.

Regards,
Arto.

ok, but I still dont quite get your explanation.
i should phrase it as: what's the difference between a photo taken with a bayonet hood and a photo taken w/o a bayonet hood? any effects for not using a hood? :think:

thanks.

ok, but I still dont quite get your explanation.
i should phrase it as: what's the difference between a photo taken with a bayonet hood and a photo taken w/o a bayonet hood? any effects for not using a hood? :think:

thanks.

It's to prevent stray lights from hitting the lens from an angle and may richochet and cause a flare or other side effects.

oh ok... so the bayonet hood should be used at all times, i.e. permanantly on?

oh ok... so the bayonet hood should be used at all times, i.e. permanantly on?

For most of us, I guess we keep it on. I do remove mine for the macro if the subject is a bit too close and may affect my flash from reaching the subject...

thanks all for the great tip.

I feel that the hood also serve as a protection if your lens ever drop and
keep your hand away from leaving prints on the lens : )

Status
Not open for further replies.