Lens Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyer2

Mar 20, 2004
Payar Lebar
Does anyone knows what is the purpose of this thing? It can be removed but I can't figure out what is it for :think: This hood is for Pentax FAJ 18-35mm lens

hood.jpg

Maybe to reflex the light :bsmilie:

my guess is that it makes it easier for you to adjust the circular polariser for optimal polarisation.

clever design!

my guess is, that used to let people discuss what's the purpose of it. ;)

i think it can let people no need take off the hood.
sometime it is not easy to find a pocket in your bag to take off the hood and put it back. you may miss some great chance. so take off this small plastic into ur pocket, and shoot shoot! :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: Seems like it can be used as what we think it can be..
Pentax's website also never specify what is this... :sweat:

mervlam said:
my guess is that it makes it easier for you to adjust the circular polariser for optimal polarisation.

clever design!

You got it right :thumbsup: I happened to read some message on this some time ago at dpreview. Most guys thought it's a very clever and useful design. My 16-45DA lens has a similar hood ;) But I don't have a good CP or LP yet.

fengwei said:
You got it right :thumbsup: I happened to read some message on this some time ago at dpreview. Most guys thought it's a very clever and useful design. My 16-45DA lens has a similar hood ;) But I don't have a good CP or LP yet.

Wandering how mush it cost for a 67mm or 77mm B+W polariser?? Anyone have it? my guess is around $120?? :think:

Spyer2 said:
Wandering how mush it cost for a 67mm or 77mm B+W polariser?? Anyone have it? my guess is around $120?? :think:

A 67mm B+W MRC CP costs over S$150 while a 77mm one costs well over S$200 I think. Doesn't worth it if you don't use it so often. A Hoya HMC CP or LP is probably good enough IMO. You can give CP a call to check the prices. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.