lens hood for 18-55mm VR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyuzx

Jan 28, 2008
West
Hey guys, intending to buy a lens hood for my nikon 18-55 mm VR kit lens. Found out that a nikon hood at CP was $40+ (gasps!!!)

Any idea where to get any nikon/3rd party hood that is much cheaper? & how much?

Thnx!

40++ so exp wor..
anyway...i was looking for it too..when to many places to hunt for it..apparently all say no stock.so i call Nikon up.They say got stock in their warehouse they can transfer to one of the dealer for me.the price they quote is less than $20.
maybe u can give it a try.
:)

wahh which dealer??

Hey guys, intending to buy a lens hood for my nikon 18-55 mm VR kit lens. Found out that a nikon hood at CP was $40+ (gasps!!!)

Any idea where to get any nikon/3rd party hood that is much cheaper? & how much?

Thnx!

Why do you need a hood? You should know the reason why you need one and should have one or not....that is if you are new to all this stuff. Nikon original hoods are never cheap that is why you should be lucky that if you buy a lens it comes with one if not...it can be pricey. I thot this kit lens comes with a hood already? no?

Now if you are new to all these and want to venture to buy a third party hood note that a wrong hood can work against you. Since you are using it on a 18mm wide lens, you need to be sure the hood is able to cover that wide angle and not obstruct it to casue dark corners in your photos you shoot at 18mm. So make sure the shot you get that from an assure you it can or have a exchange policy. Best would be to bring your camera down to test though if your camera is not a full viewfinder, you might still not see till you load the photo into your PC or Mac to view it. Something to take note of.

wahh which dealer??

can try ringing directly to Nikon sales hotline. i think a sweet lady voice will answer and she check the stock status.If available stock she would ask you which dealer u wan to get ur stuff from (cos Nikon dun do direct sales) .then they will transfer the stock over to that dealer which u requested :)
i just got my HB-33 55mm lens hood for less than $20 today !

Hi,

I'm new to DSLR photography. Just bought a D60 yesterday at John 3:16.

Just want to ask, what does a lens hood do?

sorry to hijack,any where i can also buy a len hood for sigma len ?Lost mine during a trip...

sorry to hijack,any where i can also buy a len hood for sigma len ?Lost mine during a trip...

its to block the sun to reduce glare...

And....what does that do to the photo? Less bright? In what situations do you need that? I just bought the D60 too, my first DSLR.

Hi,

I'm new to DSLR photography. Just bought a D60 yesterday at John 3:16.

Just want to ask, what does a lens hood do?

Hee, I just bought the D60 during lunch too. My first DSLR. You attending the Nikon workshop?

i got D60 last sat at John too...

me too...can i check with you what SD card is given to you? i think they might had made a mistake for my case

Wah...so many ppl bought D60...which is good! :)

I got a SANdisk 2 GB....how much did you guys pay for the cam? My kit + 2GB SD + icase bag costs $980...he wanted to give me Nikon bag but i tot it's too big...

About Nikon workshop, I'm not told that there is one at John 3:16...is it free? I know IT show offer you get the workshop thrown in, right? Would like to go...please give me more details...thx!

I'm thinking of buying a filter, is it Neutral or Skylight that's I should get? A bit confused... Also, what brand is value for money?

Wah...so many ppl bought D60...which is good! :)

I got a SANdisk 2 GB....how much did you guys pay for the cam? My kit + 2GB SD + icase bag costs $980...he wanted to give me Nikon bag but i tot it's too big...

About Nikon workshop, I'm not told that there is one at John 3:16...is it free? I know IT show offer you get the workshop thrown in, right? Would like to go...please give me more details...thx!

I'm thinking of buying a filter, is it Neutral or Skylight that's I should get? A bit confused... Also, what brand is value for money?

I was informed about the Nikon workshop during the IT Show when I bought my D60. It costs $20 per pax. I think more info can be found at Nikon website.

Is the lesson worthwhile to attend? I don't wanna just go there for something I can read on my manual...would like to learn some photography techniques...

Is the lesson worthwhile to attend? I don't wanna just go there for something I can read on my manual...would like to learn some photography techniques...

Hey,
I have a D40. Maybe we can start a new thread and perhapes go for this together?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.