Lens got dust inside,how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin7531

Jan 5, 2009
hi guys ,me is using nikon 18-105mm.recently say saw 1 little tiny dust inside the lens .anyone out there know how to get it out or do i need to send back to nikon service centre to do it?

Does it affect your photo?

If not then you might want to leave it as it is...

Last edited:
dust in lenses are inevitable, it won't show up on the images unless it is very very very bad.

you are not live in a dust free world, learn to live with that

Small dust specks will not appear on the pic. They are pretty common, and in fact some of the new lenses, u lens peep hard enough u might find one or two in them too. all my lenses have some degree of dust particles in them. some lens are more prone to dust sucking into the lens such as those push pull mechanisms but still no biggie :D

enjoy shooting

ryan

hi guys ,me is using nikon 18-105mm.recently say saw 1 little tiny dust inside the lens .anyone out there know how to get it out or do i need to send back to nikon service centre to do it?

Lenses aren't dustproof, or airtight for that matter.

Dust in lenses is nothing to worry about, it takes a hell of a lot of it before it becomes noticable on prints or images.

I won't be too sad or bothered by it.

These are very common and if u want to have very little to no dusts, then either u don't use it or use only in a clean room.

Its inevitable, most lens (zoom lens higher tendeny beos of zooming) bound to hv some dust inside..i can't be bothered with it..

thank you everbody for the time,noted all the tips that u guys given

Initially i wanted to get it removed... But after a while it didn't bother me. Couldn't see the hair in photos as well. I would get it cleaned eventually but ya. Its not necessary for now.

i got a dark particle in my 55-200mm vr at the edge of the lne, so far it doesn't affect my shots but will get it clean eventually if i decide to sell it.

Last edited:
Small dust specks will not appear on the pic. They are pretty common, and in fact some of the new lenses, u lens peep hard enough u might find one or two in them too. all my lenses have some degree of dust particles in them. some lens are more prone to dust sucking into the lens such as those push pull mechanisms but still no biggie :D

enjoy shooting

ryan

pump harder & dust might come out :bsmilie: rear element seems to be most prone to dust.

surprisingly my old lenses are much less dusty than modern ones..

i have seen cracked lens still taking high quality shots... front element not as impt as rear element

After reading these threads, I feels little relaxed and no more anxiety about dust. thanks for all information. everyday learning new things:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pump harder & dust might come out
Pump too hard and there's a chance the dust might enter in between the filter and sensor, and that's when CSC will say... cannot do anything (actually they should be able la) and that you'll need to replace entire CMOS.

I called NSC they said

Sensor cleaning about $26 30mins
Eye viewfinder cleaning about $120 2-3weeks
and Lens cleaning is $100. 2-3weeks

Wah lau, if you are using a 50mm f1.8 that cost $185, will you let them clean your lens for that price?

I ended up cleaning my sensor myself. It's actually quite easy with the cleaning kit.
As for dust in lens, there is a post on photo.net where someone used a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dust.

But have to be careful not to scratch the rear element and other parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.