Lens for Wedding Photography


Status
Not open for further replies.

thevar

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
50
0
0
#1
Hi Olympians,whats the best lens for wedding shots, the wedding place could be well lighted up with videographers spotlights and for dinner a dim banquet hall.
I have a E 300+kit lens and a FL 50,any other lens suggestion are most welcome with supporting photos.Thanks in advance dear olympians.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#3
11-22 is f2.8 right?

anyway, 28mm equivalent is generally good enough. there could be some perspective distortion if you shoot too near the subjects with an ultrawide.
 

chii

New Member
Nov 30, 2004
802
0
0
SG
chiong.smugmug.com
#4
tao said:
If you can only have one lens for wedding shoots, the 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 is, without doubt, the lens you are looking for.
I 2nd that, its most used lens when i shoot weddings.
 

zuikoku

New Member
May 11, 2006
403
0
0
#5
thevar said:
Hi Olympians,whats the best lens for wedding shots, the wedding place could be well lighted up with videographers spotlights and for dinner a dim banquet hall.
I have a E 300+kit lens and a FL 50,any other lens suggestion are most welcome with supporting photos.Thanks in advance dear olympians.
14-54 mm f/2.8-3.5 is a great choice.
It will help you a lot for low light situation which will squezee your kit lens ~!
 

Sep 29, 2003
909
2
0
67
Sinagpore
#6
Dont forget to fix your WB also otherwise the camera can get confuse with other light.
 

Sep 29, 2003
909
2
0
67
Sinagpore
#7
I think is important how to make use of your kit lens. Honestly speaking 14-45 can also be used. When you use with flash make sure you dont exceed f4-4.5 which might be very little zoom for you. Then again you use wide angle most of the time so not a problem.
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,770
1
38
Beach Road
#8
raycsk said:
11-22mm would be for me...

1. F2.0
2. Tables are typically closely spaced
If my 11-22mm is F2.0, I will cry tears of happiness! :sweatsm:
 

thevar

New Member
Apr 5, 2006
50
0
0
#10
Hi Olympians,thanks for your inputs, I am still not sure what lens to use,but anyway I will use my 14-45 lens for the time being as per Selamat's advise, I am curious to know what do the professionals use in common!Thanks.
 

ngeowcs

New Member
Jun 12, 2006
24
0
0
#11
selamatlzh said:
I think is important how to make use of your kit lens. Honestly speaking 14-45 can also be used. When you use with flash make sure you dont exceed f4-4.5 which might be very little zoom for you. Then again you use wide angle most of the time so not a problem.

can i know why the f value cannot exceed 4.5? im new to photography, and currently cant afford for external flash. using E500. and the flash, do you mean the built in flash?
 

reaper

New Member
Apr 25, 2006
28
0
0
Bangkok
www.phlog.net
#12
tao said:
If you can only have one lens for wedding shoots, the 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 is, without doubt, the lens you are looking for.
Did some photos for my bro's wedding last weekend in Phuket... the day before the wedding, went out to see Phi Phi Island. Really glad the lens was weatherproof.:D The day of the wedding, flash (FL 50) gave a bit of bother, but worked fine most of the time. Really glad I spent the money to get the 14 - 54mm lens. Next on the shopping list is a step ladder and another CF card
 

#14
reaper said:
Did some photos for my bro's wedding last weekend in Phuket... the day before the wedding, went out to see Phi Phi Island. Really glad the lens was weatherproof.:D The day of the wedding, flash (FL 50) gave a bit of bother, but worked fine most of the time. Really glad I spent the money to get the 14 - 54mm lens. Next on the shopping list is a step ladder and another CF card
Damien?
 

Sep 29, 2003
909
2
0
67
Sinagpore
#15
ngeowcs said:
can i know why the f value cannot exceed 4.5? im new to photography, and currently cant afford for external flash. using E500. and the flash, do you mean the built in flash?
When you zoom your F value will change.
 

tomcat

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
5,515
11
0
63
Visit site
#19
.... because of the huge hole you burnt in your pocket and the months of grass you have to eat to pay for this lens ? :(
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,239
1
0
Cyberspace
#20
Can't stand Olympus. Bought the system because of the road map. Now have no lens in that range. Have to wait until 2007.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom