Preferrable/Suitable Lens for THE BIG MATCH

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenbin0215

Dec 26, 2008
Lakeside
hi to all..

Liverpool will be coming to town to play Singapore, and i've secured my ticket for this big match yesterday..

As such, i'll like to find out from this poll on the preferrable/suitable equipments or lenses that fellow CS members will bring for this match..

Can also describe a bit more on the choice of lenses, and whether a tripod is necessary during the match?

if you really want to know the answer of sports photographer, fast tele prime such as 300mm f2.8, 400mm f2.8 with monopod ;)

being realistic, 70-300 is good enough, however i thought these matches do not allow photography.

It is actually quite tricky. I will get a zoom telephoto lens, like 80-400 or 200-400 just to play safe.

first of all your not going to be close enough for 300mm to go anywhere near the players to get close, you'd need atleast a 500mm + some cropping from the grandstands.
So i wouldn't get a 300 prime. I would get a 70-300 that allows you to take pictures of the atmosphere plus if action does get close, the 300mm will be fine, although the lighting is shocking at the national stadium, it should've been knocked down years ago.

Really if i was your i'd go with my 50 1.8 and just enjoy myself. 1.8 is fast enough for conditions you have, you wont get good shots anyway with a 300 5.6 because the lighting is so bad to have any shutter speeds fast enough to freeze action. 1/500 and above.

Check the back of your ticket, it should give you guidelines to taking pictures.

I like to bring along the Nikon 80-400mm.

OT:where can we purchase a ticket for this game?

thanks

Go to any courts or adidas store, they are selling... going to get mine soon

where can we get the ticket? i can't find in sistic.

me bringing coolpix P90 , hope the 24x optical zoom work well :)

photography is NOT allowed during this game

and considering from where you're shooting (grandstand)

it's going to be hard to get close-up pics from anything lesser then a 300mm f/2.8

personally i would just bring a PNS or a D40 with a 18-200 if i could?

i want to enjoy the match of the team i support, and not be engrossed in shooting the match

i think we can leave it to the reporters covering the event

Last edited:
Just go and enjoy the game. I doubt you'll be able to get anything of real worth from the stands. There's a reason why photojournalists, who shoot the images we see in the papers everyday, sit at the sidelines.

back of the tickets did not state anything bout bringing any camera nor lens..
in fact the back of the tickets dont have any information at all.
so i guess u can bring anything u want..
i was thinking of binoculars.. haha!

if you're all the way in the front (which would mean outside of granstand?) i think (from a purely fl perspective) 300mm can get you something good.

I am going to bring my EF100-400. Anyone know for sure if DSLR is allowed in this game?

Ignoring the question whether photography is allowed or not, isn't this going to take place at the National Stadium? You know, the stadium that's not a dedicated football ground, and has a track around the field?

Pros typically use a 80-200 for shots on their end and up to 400 or more for action away from that. Plus they're practically on the edge of the touchline. Now imagine you're up on the stands, and there's this track further separating you from the field...

I can't think of a way of getting a decent action photo from the stands, if you ask me. Leave the camera at home and just enjoy the game.

I am going to bring my EF100-400. Anyone know for sure if DSLR is allowed in this game?

To be honest, if you're not in the grandstand you can probably forget about getting any good tight shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.