Lens for G11

Snipsnapsnet

Jan 23, 2008
I've been troubled.

Am i correct to say that using a adapter LA-DC58K Adapter,

all 58mm lens are compatible with my G11?

and is Lensmate adapter worth the money to get. looks quite stylo.

and wads the quickest solution for vignetting?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't know where you got your info...
I did a quick search on google. It looks like the Canon lens adapter you mentioned is so that you can mount the Canon wide-angle or teleconverter onto the G10/G11.
I seriously doubt you can mount ANY 58mm lens. Anyway I don't understand what is a 58mm lens.
Probably The 58mm is referring to the thread diameter, so you can use it for 58mm filters.

I believe he meant he can mount any addon conversion lens so long it is 58mm filter.

Yes, u can. U can also buy step up & step down rings.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The quickest solution is to stop adding additional junk in front of your camera's lens.

adapter plus polarizer = junk?

the effect is sometimes wad i need!

only one CPL but the corner got very slight vignetting, can it be reduce by using a bigger filter?

only one CPL but the corner got very slight vignetting, can it be reduce by using a bigger filter?

Not necessarily. If the vignetting is due to the angle of the light passing through the filter, no. If it's due to interference from the filter ring, yes.

Snipsnapsnet said:

the quickest way is to tape very wide and opaque tape (eg duct tape) around the periphery of your lens, thus creating an instant "lens hood" for which the manufacturers did not expect... Thus the 'hood' will intrude into the frame and give you instant vignetting...
voila!

heheheh you meant "to cope with vignetting", am I right? ;)
In that case if you use the intended adapter and CPL, you should have minimal or no vignetting. If you use a 3rd party one, that's where you're likely to run into problems.
but you shouldn't stack filters...

Last edited: