Lens Creep when lower down or tilt up

ak6110

Hi All,

I know that this is a so call non-problem/faulty issues on those large zoom lens like 18-200mm, 24-120mm, they call it zoom creep. Does anyone have any ideas to fix these as I bring it back to Nikon, they told me that this is not a faulty thing at all and if I mind, they can tighten it until is make zooming not that smooth. Any comments....

Cheers
AK

Hi All,

I know that this is a so call non-problem/faulty issues on those large zoom lens like 18-200mm, 24-120mm, they call it zoom creep. Does anyone have any ideas to fix these as I bring it back to Nikon, they told me that this is not a faulty thing at all and if I mind, they can tighten it until is make zooming not that smooth. Any comments....

Cheers
AK

It called gravity at work as well....
there is generally no fix to this problem as it is as per my above sentence and the lens design.
There are however ways to get around this. Like holding onto the zoom ring or using a rubberband...etc...

Hi All,

Cheers
AK

You can use this...

LENS BAND | how do you stop zoom creep?

or this...

Gear%20A4.jpg

more commonly known as black thick rubber band.

Thanks guys, seem like i have no choice but to get the LENS BAND or rubber band, so where can I find these thick rubber band, does any of the camera shop have it?

or if urgently need it... use this.. found everywhere

female-condom-fctwo-announces-five-cent-dividend.jpg

get those rubber bracelets like the live strong ones.

or u can use the condom.