Lens Creep when lower down or tilt up

Hi All,

I know that this is a so call non-problem/faulty issues on those large zoom lens like 18-200mm, 24-120mm, they call it zoom creep. Does anyone have any ideas to fix these as I bring it back to Nikon, they told me that this is not a faulty thing at all and if I mind, they can tighten it until is make zooming not that smooth. Any comments....

Cheers
AK

coolthought

Jun 23, 2008
Hi All,

I know that this is a so call non-problem/faulty issues on those large zoom lens like 18-200mm, 24-120mm, they call it zoom creep. Does anyone have any ideas to fix these as I bring it back to Nikon, they told me that this is not a faulty thing at all and if I mind, they can tighten it until is make zooming not that smooth. Any comments....

Cheers
AK
It called gravity at work as well....
there is generally no fix to this problem as it is as per my above sentence and the lens design.
There are however ways to get around this. Like holding onto the zoom ring or using a rubberband...etc...

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Hi All,

Cheers
AK
You can use this...

LENS BAND | how do you stop zoom creep?

or this...

more commonly known as black thick rubber band.

vizuel

Mar 16, 2007
80% Sg
or if urgently need it... use this.. found everywhere

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
get those rubber bracelets like the live strong ones.

or u can use the condom.

Top Bottom