Lens Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas01

Sep 5, 2005
eunos.crescent
leumas01.multiply.com
Sorry, I am just confused. Why do people ask for Lens Code when they are bidding for lens? Isit some lens with certain code have problems?

Masters please guide me...thanks :dunno:

Indeed, it is sometimes used to check the approximate manufactured dates because certain batches of certain lens may have some QC-related problems, etc, etc.

Isit some lens with certain code have problems?

Any brudders/ sistas like to share where I can find such markings? So far, I've only been busy exploring my cam's features, capabilities, and of cos my humble techniques...

please enlighten...

You have to do a lot of searching through the various photography forums; not only the B/S forums... it's rather tough work, of course.

Anything specific you have in mind?

So where do they find the information on which batch of lens have problems? Any website to see?

Sorry, I am just confused. Why do people ask for Lens Code when they are bidding for lens? Isit some lens with certain code have problems?

Masters please guide me...thanks :dunno:

Not only knowing the lens code will determine if it's a stolen copy, it also determines the age of the lens. For example for Canon's L lenses, a code say UU0612, 'UU' is for year 2006 of manufacture and '0612' is manufactured on June 12th. So for this year, the code should be 'UV'.

Status
Not open for further replies.