Lens Code and shutter count

Status
Not open for further replies.

2peng

Oct 11, 2007
Hi guys i got a very newbie question.

ive been checking the lens sold in here and notice the lens code they put for example

Lens code: UU******

how do u know what year is this lens using this no.

and one more how do u know your shutter count?

sorry for the very newbie question, thanks!

the lens code is just let you know when is the lens manufacture date in japan , only for canon L Lens
we dun know how old is the lens , the lens can be in the stock for more than 1 to 2 year?

shuttercount is a program to check the no of shoot on the DSLR camera

Hi guys i got a very newbie question.

ive been checking the lens sold in here and notice the lens code they put for example

Lens code: UU******

how do u know what year is this lens using this no.

and one more how do u know your shutter count?

sorry for the very newbie question, thanks!

as for the shutter count i think it is better for you to ask it depending on what brand.. coz different brand/model different way of checking..

Thanks my camera is 400d,

for the lens code for example Lens code: UU****** how will u know its that year? as what i know lens age's not realy that important its how the owner take care of his/her lens its just that im wondering how you know what this letter represent.

thanks

for shutter count i would use this program called iexif and than take a shot with a camera following by right clicking the image (on the pc)selecting the option view exif information followed by tracing the shutter count from there....need further help kindly pm me ty

Thanks my camera is 400d,

for the lens code for example Lens code: UU****** how will u know its that year? as what i know lens age's not realy that important its how the owner take care of his/her lens its just that im wondering how you know what this letter represent.

thanks

This question about Canon lens code has been asked repeatedly in Clubsnap's Canon sub-forum here where there is such a thread recently just a few days ago and you can find the answer there.

click on the image for larger viewing this is where u would see your shutter count hope that helps:D

Status
Not open for further replies.