Lens Cleansing liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Can anyone recommend us a good lens cleansing liquid? What brand, Size, price, where to buy? Currently using only lens cloth to clean.
Kumsia kumsia ....

I'm using a Kodak lens cleaner, 100ml, CAT 415 1494, bought it about 20 years ago, still using, not sure Kodak selling this or not?

catchlights said:
I'm using a Kodak lens cleaner, 100ml, CAT 415 1494, bought it about 20 years ago, still using, not sure Kodak selling this or not?

FWAH! 20 years?

really tahan :D

catchlights said:
where can we buy it now .... and how much is the smallest bottle? maybe some of us can share one bottle if it is expensive.
any pic to show?

Alamak!!! You think I still kept the receipt, or can remember how much I paid for it? :bigeyes:

Try ask Cathay please, just buy one bottle and use it, why share?

If the lotion transfers to another bottle, how to be sure will not be contaminated?

Don't know whether they sell those like wet tissue type ... in a single sheet pack .... ideal for travelling oversea covering in dusty or beach areas ...
quite curious whether a single bottle cost $5 or $25 or ???

catchlights said:
Alamak!!! You think I still kept the receipt, or can remember how much I paid for it? :bigeyes:

Try ask Cathay please, just buy one bottle and use it, why share?

If the lotion transfers to another bottle, how to be sure will not be contaminated?

I bought mine for $A4.50 from Sam Lewis Photographics in Sydney. Not that I could remember things happened 15 years ago. The price sticker is still on the bottle. :)

Sam Lewis photographics? AUD$4.50? Sounds pretty cheap. Where is this Sam Lewis Photographics shop in Sydney u still remember? :)

be careful when using cleaning fluid. I ever used one that came with a blower and some lens tissue and the fluid removes the lens coating! that's before I'm into SLR though.

Can get those lens cleaning solution from the spectacles shop. have been using for many years and all my lens are still in tip top condition. get those specifically for multicoated lenses. they are made to clean but at the same time not remove the MC coating.

jsbn said:
Sam Lewis photographics? AUD$4.50? Sounds pretty cheap. Where is this Sam Lewis Photographics shop in Sydney u still remember? :)

I think they have closed liao. So many camera shops have disappeared in the last 15 years here especially the smaller ones leh.

Canonised said:
where can we buy it now .... and how much is the smallest bottle? maybe some of us can share one bottle if it is expensive.
any pic to show?

i bought kodak lens cleaner(37ml) from fotohub at oub centre(raffles place) about 2-3 years ago. they are inexpensive.

Thanks for all the feedbacks .... will go down to PP to get a botttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.