Lens Cleaning

espedine

Jun 8, 2008
Hi guys just wana ask where is the cheapest service i can get for cleaning this particular lens. Its a Canon FD 50 1.4 manual lens, fungus inside glass and barrel needs to be lubricated, anyone have any idea where i can go without getting ripped off? :bsmilie:

Hi guys just wana ask where is the cheapest service i can get for cleaning this particular lens. Its a Canon FD 50 1.4 manual lens, fungus inside glass and barrel needs to be lubricated, anyone have any idea where i can go without getting ripped off? :bsmilie:

Have you tried dismantling it and give it a wipe? Should be easy...take a bit of your time though. :what:

Have you tried dismantling it and give it a wipe? Should be easy...take a bit of your time though. :what:

i tried to google for FD lenses dint get any result =/

Search for 'lens cleaning'...

Fatigue is the man for the job but I think he is busy lately!!

Definitely Fatigue, you can have a kopi while you wait for him to finish. :p
Fatigue is the man for the job but I think he is busy lately!!

how much will it roughly cost if i get the service from him? also i saw his thread he not taking in any more

Is there any other shops that helps in doing lens cleaning services too? I spot dust in my lens, tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc.

Is there any other shops that helps in doing lens cleaning services too? I spot dust in my lens, tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc.

Use the 'search' button at the top right hand corner of this page...

Do you also spot the dust in your pictures?

Nope, i only shoot at smallest aperture 11 and dont spot any dust at all. So should i sent it in for cleaning? :)

Nope, i only shoot at smallest aperture 11 and dont spot any dust at all. So should i sent it in for cleaning? :)
Erm .. isn't the answer obvious? Do you take Panadol without headache? :)

Sorry, I'm going on vacation next month. Need to clear the backlogs.

aww thanks for replying anyway was looking to get service from you everyone like recommending you :bsmilie: