lens cleaning

Oct 8, 2009
Anyone knows anyone that can do lens cleaning at goos reasonable price. I'm looking for one urgently thanks

Please please please TRY A SEARCH!!!! We even have a "photography services offered" section with lens cleaning!!! just search for "lens cleaning" if you really need it urgently. Learn how to help yourself, you'll go further in life.

Please please please TRY A SEARCH!!!! We even have a "photography services offered" section with lens cleaning!!! just search for "lens cleaning" if you really need it urgently. Learn how to help yourself, you'll go further in life.

:thumbsup:

I think that guy is too much should suspend him from CS. People just want to check on certain things he should not have put the response in such a way. CS would be a lot better off without him posting this type of comments

I think that guy is too much should suspend him from CS. People just want to check on certain things he should not have put the response in such a way. CS would be a lot better off without him posting this type of comments

If people stop keeping on asking the same thing over and over again and search first, as per the CS rules and regulations, CS would be a lot less cluttered and things would be easier to find.

Last edited:

I don't think Rashkae should be suspended.After all,its CS's rule to search before asking questions...

Totally agree with the rule, how about a polite way? :):)

The problem is most TS asking such question don't bother doing much or any finding on their own. When I saw such thread, I don't bother replying it anymore. I used to complain once about such stuff and get bombarded back instead with excuse like "there might be other finding which is not share before" or "I think all those people should have a warrior reply for them to do a search" when the subject of the thread has be repeated for 5 - 6 times already...

If you find that you need to ask them use the search, just ignore it. He has the time to create and activate an account to ask such question but don't have the time to do a simple search?

I hope you don't mind me asking this here, TS. Or guys here for the matter.
I am looking for an opinion of cleaning these are worth it.

TS - are your lens(es) in a similar situation and thus require cleaning?

I know dust is normal in lenses, but I don't think this is normal.

Here are 2 pictures of 2 different lenses.

The first one looking through the lens, there is a dust spec that is roughly 1mm long. (55mm lens). It's behind the shutter but it's infront of the rear element.

The 2nd picture there is a 3mm fibre wedged between the front element and the rim of the lens. I cannot seem to blow it off for the life of me.

The lenses in question are of the Mamiya TLR C system.

55mm_1_circled.jpg

80mmfibrecircled.jpg

Rule of thumb: the farther away from sensor / media the less it will affect the image. The same goes for things at the rim. Keep in mind that your frame is rectangular, the image circle is .. well, circular. So there is a portion of the circle that will be cut off anyway.

Thanks. Very useful information.