Lens cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2008
Hougang
Hello people, I was wondering how to I clean the exterior of my lens (casing all those) and especially the Image Stabilization logo that is clogged with dust. Do I just use a normal damp towel to wipe it?

And do I do the same to my camera body?

Thanks! :)

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
There is this little booklet that came with your camera. I'm sure there's something mentioned there.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Hello people, I was wondering how to I clean the exterior of my lens (casing all those) and especially the Image Stabilization logo that is clogged with dust. Do I just use a normal damp towel to wipe it?

I clean my equipment after every use and i just use a damp cloth to clean all exteriors. For those u mentioned, u can try wiping it first then use a stronger blower to blow out the dusts.

Jun 27, 2008
Hougang
I see..but I do not have a blower =/

What kind of blower do you recommend? Those rocket blower, the ones with a brush or the ones with a thin needle-like metal nozzle?

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
wah... my lens have alot of salt residue on the rubber zoom hahahhaha they are all stuck in the cranks and nookies.

even my camera grip is filled with salt residue.... damn i think i abuse my camera too much....

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
easier to use a brush to get rid of dirt. it's safe to use a camera brush for ur lens exterior.. although u might want to use the better quality ones for ur lens itself.

use a slightly damp cloth is good enough.. but remember to wipe dry with a dry cloth before returning it to ur dry cabinet.

i admit i haven't cleaned my lens in ages..haha. but exterior seems fine leh

Fotophilic

Jun 18, 2006
big tree town

how about using a paintbrush to sweep out the dust?

Nov 23, 2009
You use a damp cloth to wipe the external part. Then use a dry cloth :) That should do the trick. DON'T EVER use soap :p

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
wah... my lens have alot of salt residue on the rubber zoom hahahhaha they are all stuck in the cranks and nookies.

even my camera grip is filled with salt residue.... damn i think i abuse my camera too much....
This is normal, even though i clean my lenses and DSLR after every use. Sometimes might be due to the rubber degradation.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
I see..but I do not have a blower =/

What kind of blower do you recommend? Those rocket blower, the ones with a brush or the ones with a thin needle-like metal nozzle?
Just go get one cos it's essential. Avoid those with brushes and i recommend the A*F Swiss one and Giottos Rocket.

Jun 27, 2008
Hougang
Alright thanks everyone!

Hmm I think I'll get th A*F Swiss Blower. Lacking lots of stuff =/

Anyway where can I get it? John 3:16?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom