lens cleaning service

SlowcarIX

Aug 29, 2012
sg/china
Just wondering where I can get my almost new panasonic 12/35 cleaned? Its barely 1 month old and there is already 3 large particles behind the front element. I found this link:

Lens cleaning maintanence locations in Singapore

Anyone tried them before? Also has anyone tried Panasonic Sg...?

Merry Xmas and TIA!

SC

SlowcarIX said:
Just wondering where I can get my almost new panasonic 12/35 cleaned? Its barely 1 month old and there is already 3 large particles behind the front element. I found this link:

Merry Xmas and TIA!

SC

Wow , how was the usage? Find it quite rare to have so many elements stuck behind the front element within just 1 month

i am quite surprised too....thought i'll just get it removed since they are still fresh and not "stuck" on too well.

SlowcarIX said:

Merry Xmas and TIA!

SC

Panny SG has no facilities for lens maintenance. They will ship to Japan for cleaning. The last time similar incident happened with one of my lenses I went to panny to bang table. Only then they were willing to absorb cost. Otherwise they will give you some rubbish and charge you $300+ for shipping to JP. If yours is a local set this might be something you can consider.

There's also this bro on CS, fatigue, that does servicing. Might want to PM him.

Agrivar, thanks for the lead. I've sent Fatigue an email.

I got the lens from HK Cam2 and it has international warranty....dont know if that makes a diff.

Panny SG has no facilities for lens maintenance. They will ship to Japan for cleaning. The last time similar incident happened with one of my lenses I went to panny to bang table. Only then they were willing to absorb cost. Otherwise they will give you some rubbish and charge you $300+ for shipping to JP. If yours is a local set this might be something you can consider.

There's also this bro on CS, fatigue, that does servicing. Might want to PM him.

whats hk cam 2?

but i thught panasonic doesnt hv international warranty

Agrivar, thanks for the lead. I've sent Fatigue an email.

I got the lens from HK Cam2 and it has international warranty....dont know if that makes a diff.