Lens Cleaning Kit

Netforce

Jan 23, 2009
Ang Mo Jio
Hi,

What kind of cleaning kits do you use for your lenses? Do I have to buy like a 'proper' cleaning set or just use the free ones that come with the camera? Any opinions?

Thanks.

what are freebies? At the least, must have a good cleaning cloth, blower and lens pen.

The freebies are useful in an emergency, but otherwise, I prefer to trust reliable brand products like ZEISS cleaning cloths and solution for expensive lenses/filters. Seriously, it's only a few dollars more for so much quality, and the peace of mind you get is priceless. :cool:

Hi,

What kind of cleaning kits do you use for your lenses? Do I have to buy like a 'proper' cleaning set or just use the free ones that come with the camera? Any opinions?

Thanks.
Get a lint free cloth or a microfibre cloth or those that clean spectacles will do the job & get a good blower. Always maintain your gears well & you don't have to tough stains to clean ;)

oh, could you tell me where can I get those?

Also, what about shooting with filters on? I only need to clean the filter right?

oh, could you tell me where can I get those?

Also, what about shooting with filters on? I only need to clean the filter right?
Microfibrecloth you can get it from computer shops or camera shops. For the spectacle cleaning cloth, walk into your regular specs shop & ask them to spare you 1 or 2 pcs, should be free. As for the blower look in here or any camera shops. But make sure you get the good one.
Some shoot with filter on & some don't. Its up to you. For me, I shoot with filter on ;)

Microfibrecloth you can get it from computer shops or camera shops. For the spectacle cleaning cloth, walk into your regular specs shop & ask them to spare you 1 or 2 pcs, should be free. As for the blower look in here or any camera shops. But make sure you get the good one.
Some shoot with filter on & some don't. Its up to you. For me, I shoot with filter on ;)

So do you only clean the filter? What about the actual lens? And do you clean your lens cap as well?

Lens cleaning kit increases the life of a camera because lens is the main part of camera and it needs proper maintenance.
_____________________--
Web Design London

I'm using lenspen and my hair dryer (cold air) as blower :)

So do you only clean the filter? What about the actual lens? And do you clean your lens cap as well?
Whenever I clean the filters, I'll take it off & clean both sides & I'll use the blower to lightly blow off the surface of both front & back of the lens. You'll be surprise that sometimes you'll find tiny specks of dust on the front of your lens even with the filter on. Just before I put back the lens cap, I'll again use the blower to blow hard on the lens cap.
That's me, I don't know about you ;)

at home have leisure time to clean my equipments

Giottos rocket blower
3M micro fiber cloth
Isopropyl Alcohol with cotton wipes

may need to get one more micro fiber cloth for outside use. :think:

Lenspen Propack I

I got it for S$22.00 at Courts. ;)
Received quite a number of enquiries about the Lenspen Propack I that I got quite a long time ago, am not too sure whether Courts still have it in stock. :)

Product description is as follow for those that wish to enquire with them...

ID No. 444681

Lenspen Pro
Lenspen Pro Pack A
Lenspen Pro Pack A C PCS - S$22.00 GS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pack includes 4 different types of lenspen and a microfiber cleaning cloth.

Last edited: